"I'm sorry me and your mother weren't there for you when you needed us. We weren't the best parents but I really do hope you know how much we love and care about you" He said sadly.

"Dad, what are you talking about? I-Is there something wrong?" I started getting nervous and my palms were becoming sweaty.

"The fact that you're finally going home kind of scares me. Your current life there is very peaceful and something you enjoy so knowing that you have to let that go soon saddens me. But unfortunately, I can't do anything about that" He chuckled bitterly.

"Your journey back home won't be an easy one so please... please be careful, okay? Take care of cat-eyes and her brother when you see them again, those two are a mess without you. Avoid getting into too much trouble, don't skip your meals and most importantly... Stay alive, my daughter"

"Dad, what are you--"

"Take care, sweetheart. We love you very much and we know you love us too. We're definitely going to miss you, our Y/n/n, the great Captain L/n. Always be safe~" They said before finally ending the call.

My eyes widened as I quickly tried calling them again but they wouldn't answer. I tried again and again and I won't stop until they pick up. 'What on earth is going on?!'

I bit my nails as my hand gripped on my phone that was lifted next to my ear. "Come on, pick up, mom!" I yelled while my eyes scanned the room, in hopes of finding something that could calm me down. my gaze eventually landed on the book I found yesterday, resting on my nightstand.

"Say, captain... Why do you always read that book when you're nervous?" A very familiar voice entered my ears.

"It calms me down" I could hear my own chuckle echoing inside my head and a face I knew too well flashed right before my eyes for a split second. My lips parted a bit. "Mi...Mina-chan?"

"My dad gave it to me, it eases my nerves whenever I'm anxious since it reminds me of my parents so I always have it with me. Does that answer your question, Minari?"

'Minari?... You mean the woman with fairy wings?...' I thought as my feet moved on it's own and reached out for the book before opening it. And almost immediately, I could feel all my worries fading. I heaved out a relieved sigh and just when I was about to start reading it, I heard my doorbell ringing, letting me know that either Tzuyu or Mina or the both of them together were here.

I put the book back in it's place, deciding to just read it later and immediately got dressed before going downstairs to open the door only to be greeted with Tzuyu standing there with her hands in her pockets.

"Hey, Tzu"

"Hey..." She replied weakly and let herself in. We walked to my bedroom since she insisted that we talked there.