09 ⊳ HOUSE OF FLAMES.

Start from the beginning

Soon enough, Sydney found herself perched atop Jerome and Alfie's desk in a different classroom, waiting for Mr Winkler to arrive to start their history lesson as she spoke to the two other pranksters, who were leaned back in their chairs.

"Let's face it, brother, we are so out of the babe race." Alfie declared, putting his feet onto the desk just behind where the female prankster was sat, with the girl now being rather happy that he was finally giving up on Amber and that he wouldn't take anymore terrible advice from the other prankster within their trio.

"Speak for yourself." Jerome told him, still believing that he could get any girl that he wanted, and that any girl would fall to his feet – which, most certainly was not the case, hence why Sydney let out a rather loud, disbelieving scoff.

"Right." Alfie murmured slowly, also having the same idea as Sydney as he turned to face his best friend, reminding him of what happened yesterday as he said, "So was that your clone Esther shut down yesterday?"

"Yeah, she practically runs away from you every time she sees you." Sydney pointed out to the boy, remembering how the teacher hadn't been so impressed with Jerome after the stunt he pulled yesterday.

"Esther's mad about me." Jerome assured them, but the two pranksters did not feel very assured about that and were almost certain that he was wrong and that the athletics teacher wanted nothing to do with him, but he still continued, "She just doesn't know it yet, same as Amber with you, mate."

"Okay. So, what's your latest big idea, Casanova?" Alfie asked him, making the girl out of the three groan as she fell back onto the desk, her head landing on Alfie's legs whilst she rolled her eyes, extremely frustrated

"Why? Why do you constantly ask for his advice when it sucks?!" Sydney cried out, although the pair ignored her, simply giving her an amused look before they resumed their conversation, with Jerome telling Alfie "amazing" advice.

"If music be the food of love, play on."

"We play them some music?" Alfie assumed that's what the boy meant but was still confused by the weird statement – he was also wrong with his presumption.

"No!" Jerome exclaimed with a shake of his head, but it was too late, and he had already ingrained an idea into his friend's head, which, like always, he thought was ground-breaking and absolutely astounding, when it typically wasn't.

Suddenly gasping, Alfie excitedly moved his legs from the table without warning, thus causing Sydney's head to hit the desk as he told them his idea, "Oh, I know, I know, we write them some music! A song for Amber, yeah?"

"Can you write me an apology song for my head?" Sydney grumbled, rubbing the back of her head to try and ease the pain, hoping that there wouldn't be a bump there and that the small ache she felt on her head would disappear soon.

Rolling his eyes and mildly amused by the girl's statement, Jerome chuckled as he grabbed the girl's hand, pulling her back up into a sitting position on their desk whilst he spoke to their friend about his idea, "You see, I was thinking a sonnet – poetry."

"My song will be poetry, man." Alfie declared, causing the prankster to let out a chuckle whilst Sydney groaned at it, knowing that it was bound to end badly, but Alfie still continued to ramble on about his song, "A tune to end all tunes. Oh yeah, I'm getting the vibe already."