Chapter 9

This is set during the Prisoner of Azkaban.

I was so excited! It was finally time to go back to Hogwarts for my third year! Hopefully, there won't be any sight of Voldemort returning this year! I'd been to Diagon Alley already to get my school stuff without a sight of Draco, which disappointed me a bit. Still, we bumped into each other on the way to Platform 9 and 3/4. He changed a lot! His hair was no longer gelled back but lose and wavey, he was way taller and looked so grown up. He literally went from being insanely cute to insanely hot in one summer and didn't tell me! We just grinned at each other whilst Lucius snarled at us, but what did we care? He helped me board the train and sort out my bags, we found ourselves in our usual carriage waiting for Crab and Goyle. We talked about what happened over the summer to which Draco said
"Not much happened, to be honest."
"Oh I think a lot happened!" I muttered, Draco clearly heard as he smirked but didn't say anything. Crab and Goyle eventually came in after about half an hour! Not that I minded, I quite liked the privacy. He told me his father didn't know he helped in the chamber, last year but still didn't mention anything about a plot this year. The four of us just talked about our summer, Draco went on holiday with his mother and father but said he didn't enjoy it that much and wished I had gone, too. We couldn't meet up outside of school as Lucius refused to let me in his house and he didn't want Draco to travel to a muggle neighborhood. I offered to travel to Diagon Alley to meet up but he still refused to let Draco go.

We travelled as normal till, suddenly, the train stopped. Crab, Goyle, Draco and I looked at each other, confused. It then became really cold and we all began shivering, Crab swapped places with Draco so he could sit next to me. He held me and wrapped me in some of his cloak to keep me warm. The windows froze a little and we knew this was not okay! Draco could tell I was terrified and held me tighter, pulling me closer to his chest. I felt safe until I looked up and saw a dark hooded figure floating towards our door, I let out a small scream and Draco tried to shield me from this horrifying beast! I thought it was Voldemort until Crab shouted "Dementor!" I didn't know what a dementor was and after seeing it, I didn't want to see another! When walking to Hogwarts we heard Harry passed out due to the dementor! Draco laughed so I lightly hit him as I'm surprised I didn't do the same! We boarded the carriage together (which was pulled by something strange but I didn't mention it) and rode to my second home! I got to the main hall and was immediately welcomed with hugs from Olly, Eilish, Millie, Roger and Beth. As well as smiles and nods from Johnathan, Zoe, Ben and Jack. I was also greeted with an extra face, a young girl called Jessica. When the dementors attacked the train, she ran into Olly, Eilish, Roger and Millie's carriage, terrified and they let her sit with them. She was put in Gryffindor so Olly and Millie decided to take her under their wing. There was also something wrong with Eilish. She was all flustered and extremely happy. I asked and Roger started giggling. She went further red and was staring at someone but I couldn't tell from where I was sat. Anyways, Dumbledore began to speak, he introduced Professor Lupin who was the new Defence Against The Dark Arts teacher. Hagrid was also the new magical creatures teacher which I wasn't too surprised about considering he had a giant spider! And a three headed dog! And a dragon, before he had to give it up, of course. Dumbledore then explained that the dementors would play host to Hogwarts until Sirius Black, a man who escaped from Azakaban, was captured. He is the only ever person to escape! This really worried me but why would he come to Hogwarts, anyways? Dumbledore said they would be at every entrance but wouldn't disrupt our day to day activities, however he did warn us that they are vicious creatures and would not distinguish between the one they hunt and the one who gets in their way, worrying me further.
"But, happiness can be found in even the darkest of times, when only it remembers to turn on the light." Dumbledore then smiled, these words have walked along with me for the rest of my life.

Draco and I walked along side each other and out of the banquet hall, I was even met with glares from that girl who's name I can't even remember from last year who kissed Draco. Preya? He walked me to my common room, talking about how happy he is that he can see me again. I kissed him on the cheek and glided into my common room to meet a loved-up Eilish, for an unknown reason. She went to bed early so I asked Beth and Roger what was up with her.
"Some Slytherin girl in our year came into our carriage and asked if the dementors were normally on the train each year. She was new so she didn't know and I think Eilish likes her. She got all flustered and has been in some stupid love trance ever since." Roger told me, "she told me her name was Jordan, she's a little taller than Eilish with curly brown hair and dark but happy eyes." I kept this in mind and sent a letter to Draco asking him to ask around about her and he said he'd get straight to it.