The Lost City of Atlantis: Part Three

Oh my gosh. He's dead or dying. Or stuck in a pit. Or drowning. Nope. Don't think about water. Eyes on the prize, (Y/n). But what if he is drowning...and I'm gonna have to jump in to save him and then I'm gonna start drowning too and- Holy heck, (Y/n) stop thinking like your father.

I heave as I turn down a stone hallway. I hear Scrooge call after me, but I ignore him.

No time right now, Old Man. Got a Cousin to save.

"Dewey??" I yell, stopping in the middle of the hall.

"Here." A disappointed voice says back from the corridor in front of me. I hightail inside of the corridor to see Dewey cross-legged on the floor, arms crossed and eyes full of annoyance.

"Oh. Great. You're not dead." I sigh, leaning on the wall for support.

"Hard to die when all the stuff that's supposed to kill you is on the ceiling!" Dewey says, glancing up at the ceiling.

I follow his gaze to a buzz-saw, ready to rip apart any who dare to walk this hall. "That's....unfortunate..."

The sound of footsteps echos from the hall and the rest of the gang shows up behind us.

Uncle Scrooge blinks at Dewey. "Lad! I thought the traps would get you for sure!"

Apparently He wasn't concerned for me...

"Stupid upside-down temple." Dewey pouts. "There's nothing cool walking under buzzsaws!"

He kicks a tiny little pebble on the ground, sending it flying. It bounces off a tiki mask, before settling on a pressure plate.

I screech and scramble away as snakes start falling from the ceiling.

"Maybe Atlantis was an ambitious first outing," Scrooge mumbles, cracking his back.

"If I die here, then I will personally haunt you and your stupidly huge amount of gold coins. " I whisper. Scrooge gives me a wide-eyed look.

Oh dangit. Broke the shy niece persona.

"I mean- Oh nooooo...Launchpad, are you alright?" I cover, wandering over to Launchpad, who hadn't moved fast enough and is now covered in snakes.

They must have bitten him cause he's acting a tad drunk. " Ah. A little snake venom never djdncjeijeic" His words melt into gibberish and I look over at Huey for help.

My red cousin walks over and touches the man's arm.

"Hi, Nice to meet you." Launchpad rambles. "I'm everybody's friend!"

He then falls on top of Huey, who screams like a little girl.

Is that phrase offensive? I'm a little girl...Nah

Louie and Webby rush to help Huey, while I notice Scrooge push away a boulder to reveal an entrance.

He disappears through it, Dewey close behind him.

You're not leaving me.

I rush after them, running into Scrooge's legs when he stops suddenly in front of a huge chasm.

A suspension bridge stretches across the empty space, Blue lasers hitting it in random places.

Dewey gasps from ahead of me. "Whoa! Suspension bridge? Chasm? Glowing blue mystical lasers? Classic!"

He starts to step onto the bridge before Scrooge stops him with his cane.

"Even a basic death trap still has the word 'death' in the title." The old man says wisely, putting his cane through one of the lasers.

Fire bursts up from under, singeing the bottom of the bridge.