Chapter 9

Saudah was in the kitchen when he walked in. She hadn't heard him close the door and he was somewhat thankful for it. She was wearing a t-shirt and a pair of shorts as she wriggled her bum to whatever was blasting through her ears at that moment. He held in his laugh as she stepped up to her pot in time to the beat. She began to mouth along to the words and she spun around, stopping short when she saw him.

"Hi."

"I-" She pulled her earphones out, tucking it back into her bra before she turned around to compose herself. "I didn't think you would be home yet."

He leaned against the door frame, grinning as every part of her became more and more red- from her forehead, down her chest to what he was sure would be the tips of her toes.

"It's already 7."

She glanced at the clock on the wall and widened her eyes. "So it is..."

"So what's all this?" he asked, gesturing to the multitude of pots and dishes along the counter.

"Well..." She rolled her eyes and shook her head. "I was going to bribe you."

"For what?" His smile only widened until he heard a soft but distinguishable mew coming from their bedroom. "What's that?"

"That's why I was going to bribe you."

Riyaadh turned to their bedroom. He was about to take a step when Sauda jumped in front of him. "Wait, wait, wait!"

"What now?" he chuckled, finding her antics more and more entertaining.

"What's your stance on pets?"

He considered his answer for a moment. "I don't think I have one."

"Okay, good-" she was interrupted once again by soft taps on the door. "We kind of adopted a cat."

"We adopted a cat?" he stared at her. Just stared.

"Uhm hmm..." she rubbed the corner of her ear, "So I was driving along Beyers and I stopped at the robot and this guy came to the window and he was holding it but its scruff and he wanted fifty bucks for it and..." she shrugged her shoulders.

"And you bought it because you felt bad for it?" He finished off for her.

"Basically..."

"So, let's see it then." Riyaadh nudged her aside before he walked to their room and cracked open the door. He gasped as a little, grey blur attacked his shoe and swotted at his laces as if it were waiting to pounce.

Riyaadh bent down and picked it up, allowing it to sniff his hand before he turned to Saudah. "He's cute."

"I checked the building laws. We can keep him as long as he's trained and doesn't wander."

"He needs to go for a check-up." Riyaadh remarked, lifting it up to examine him properly. "Yup, it's a boy."

"I made an appointment for tomorrow." She petted him alongside his ears till his purrs vibrated against her fingers. "How old do you think he is?"

"Uhm..." Riyaadh shifted the kitten to his other hand as he got bored of sniffing his right one. "I'd say two or three months?"

"So, you're not mad?" she peeked up at him, far more sheepish than she had ever looked.

"And if I was?" he teased.

"I had a whole plan to convince you." Saudah laughed as the cat crawled off Riyaadh's hand and up her arm.

"Was the dancing part of it?"

She shook her head at him, pecking him on his cheek before she walked back into their bedroom to put the cat back into his box.

Riyaadh's Storyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें