Chapter 10: Monday blues

Y/n's Pov

The weekend was uneventful. I got up early and packed three lunches. Got dressed and fed Kage before playing with him for a little bit. Once I heard Aizawa groan I knew it was time to help him get ready so we could walk to campus.

I hadn't tried to heal myself after Saturday night since I felt like it might be a bad idea to use my quirk so much. I went through the motions of getting Aizawa dressed as if I was on autopilot. I was thinking on what I should be doing during the school day. If I see recovery girl in the morning then I could probably end up napping until lunch time.

When I had finally zoned back in and was consciously aware of where I was at, I was in recovery girl's office on campus, next to Shota. It had felt like I had blinked and I was suddenly here.

"Are you okay dear," the youthful heroine asked worriedly. 

I smiled, "yes. I'm sorry could you repeat what you were saying? I got distracted."

"I was asking you if it was true that you decided to take charge of making sure Eraser head rests and takes care of himself?"

"Oh, um...," I snuck a glance at Eraser, who was already sitting on a bed, "yes. I told Present Mic that there was no need for more than two pros to be missing patrols. Both he and Midnight wanted to take care of us, but it's really not necessary."

"Who should I be taking care of first?"

"Eraser, he just got done with homeroom so I'm pretty sure he'll want to take a nap as soon as he can."

She checked over his wounds and healed him the best as she could without overworking his body all at once. Taking the amount of stamina she'd be depleting him of in doing so. He thanked her and ended up falling asleep ratger quickly on the bed.

She made sure he was asleep before she spoke to me again.

"Eraser head seems to be healing well, his left arm seems to have begun to heal faster than his right. I suppose you had something to do with it."

"I tried to do as much as I could without him noticing Saturday night," I sighed knowing there would be no hiding it from her. She knew of our relationship history since she was the nurse during our high school days as well.

"What about your own injuries."

"I tried to heal a few ribs partially."

"And your eye. Have you even examined it at all since you got discharged from the hospital," she continued to question.

"I haven't. I've been avoiding having to look at it."

"You did try to heal it when you woke up in the hospital didn't you? You know you can't heal it when it's dead," she scolded sitting me down on the empty bed next to Aizawa.

"I healed the cells that had started to die as soon as I woke up in the hospital...after I tried to fix an orbital floor," I paused glancing at the man in the bed next to mine. "I got all the cells to stay alive and healed it halfway before my stamina got shot again."

"Honestly between you and your brother I don't know who's the most self sacrificing," she tsked, "you really should be taking better care of yourself. I don't mean to sound harsh my dear but do you want to loose another organ?"

I nodded in response and she took the bandages off of my eye to let it breath. It was closed so I looked like I was winking.

While that was going on she had me pull my shirt off so she could undress the wounds on my side and check the ribs.

"Any pain or complaints?"

"Nothing that's not expected. I've been trying to continuously shut off my pain receptors so the healing process is taking longer than it probably should considering my body rapidly manipulates cells on its own."