Chapter 5: Lines crossed.

Shravan's pov:

"Oh god" I exclaim as I sense a hand on my shoulder.

" are hum hain miyan. Darte kaahe ho" the voice replies.

Bunty reclines on the wall beside him glancing over my shoulders at the house we will soon infiltrate.

My heart has never been so frantic & excited as it is now.

We're in tiwari house, standing just a few steps away from the boundary wall at the back of the house, our heads sunken under the coat of thick bushes.

The only thing visible from here is the window on the terrace. I'm still not sure how we will proceed from here but one thing is clear. I need to see her. Now. 

5 hours ago:

2 hours.

Just 2 hours since I last saw her in school yet something inside me stirs in her absence. Like a sting that craves her presence to soothe itself. Like a honeybee drawn to honey. No, Regrettable choice of words, that's just creepy.

I used to have strong will power. Until my mind woke up one day following my heart like a lovestruck puppy. Since that day I find my life revolving around a certain girl that I once detested.

So, I follow the orders from the mastermind of this mishap- my heart and dial her number.

She picks up at second ring.

"han bolo shravan" her voice does something to me, a lot actually. She is adept in making my heart weak for her.

" busy ho?"

please say no. Please say no.

"kind of. Papa ke college ke ek friend aane wale hain dinner pe."

"that's great. For you I mean. Main to ese family dinner mai bore hojata hun" I reply, memories of the last family dinner I had with a distant relative playing before my eyes like those absolute trash movies your friends make you watch. Let's just say it was one of the few moments in my life when I didn't quite find the spotlight very pleasant.

"wo to obvious hai. Dinner ka main conversation to tum hi hote hoge naa. Shravan malhotra and his 101 adventures" she says with a giggle and a giddy feeling sweeps my heart.

"ha-ha very funny ms tiwari"

I hear a chuckle from the other side. " anyways to answer your question, no. Mai bore nhi hongi. Because varun bhi sath aa raha hai"

I sit up with a jerk as my vision gets blur, a curtain of stars dangling right ahead my eyelids. I blink a few times as a heavy feeling sits in my stomach.

"who's varun?" I question, with as much jealousy I can protrude.

" old friend hai. Pehle bhopal mai rehta tha so we were close friends"

My hand closes around the cell phone so lightly I can feel the muscles clench.

I'm aware of the fact that I have no right on her but the thought of someone else being close to her, not just physically but emotionally too. Someone else knowing her enough to notice the slight frown she has every time she can't solve a problem, the way she keeps twirling her pen in nervousness when test results come out. The very idea of someone knowing her this much infuriates me.

"I need to go. I think they're here. Bye"

I drop my phone to the side of my bed and very stupid idea crosses my mind. I shouldn't do it I know.