Sasuke, though rattled by her first attack, smoothly dodged it.

"WHOAH!!" Naruto cheered. "Destroy Sasuke-teme!! Get 'im, Toph!"

"How is she doing that?" Sakura called. "No handsigns or anything!"

Sasuke withdrew a kunai and charged her, leaping from where he stood to land less than a foot away from her, stabbing at her with the tiny knife!

It was only because of Kakashis' combat experienced eye that he was able to spot the slight hesitation as Sasuke was hurtling through the air. He had been left wide open, but Toph hadn't taken any sort of action. She reacted the second he touched the ground-

Her hand wrapped around the blade and she swiftly bent it into an L! Sasuke pulled back, staring incredulously at the useless kunai before tossing it away.

But, before he could charge again, Toph raised two huge, thick walls on either side of them, blocking him in a channel too high for him to exit easily. Another kata, and he was boxed in.

Kakashi hurried to the top of the wall so that he could watch what was going on inside.

Sasuke did the handsigns and summoned up his fireball jutsu, launching a huge orb of molten death at her! Toph was ahead of him, though. She raised two more slabs of rock in front of her, pointed to sleekly weather any attack.

The second the fireball burst and dissipated against her defense, she launched one of the slabs at him. Sasuke was forced to dodge, landing on the side of the wall as he ran towards Toph.

She turned, then flung both of her hands behind her towards him! Huge rocks erupted from the ground as Sasuke got an advanced dodging workout.

He came for her again, launching kunai at her, but she pulled a rectangular sheet of stone from the ground and neatly blocked all of his attacks.

Both fighters were now red in the face as they tried to get the better of each other.

"Ready to throw in the towel, yet?" Toph catcalled.

Sasuke didn't answer, trying to engage her in close quarter combat, but she kept meeting his attacks with rocks and more attacks.

Kakashi watched as took a wide stance, suddenly, then felt the wall he was standing on start shaking.

That was the only warning he got before the whole thing lifted into the air.

Kakashi leaped back and off of it, landing on the ground next to his other two students. Naruto was standing there slack-jawed, and Sakura had her hands over her mouth.

"How is she doing that, Sensei?" Sakura asked. "Who is she?"

"To that, Sakura," Kakashi said quietly, watching the wall self-destruct into a few dozen huge boulders. "I have no answer."

▪▪▪

Sasuke dodged the huge rocks falling from the sky and cursed.

Although they were large enough to easily avoid, it was a pretty daunting sight. On top of that, their weight as they slammed into the ground shook the earth underneath him, making him rather unsteady on his feet.

Something in his gut screamed for him to move, and he threw himself out of the way as the other half of the triangular shelter came hurtling right towards him.

He just barely managed to throw himself out of the way, the sharp tip of the stone cutting a slice into his cheek.

He hit the ground again, rolling, then throwing a spray of senbon her direction.