2. Avengers? Of course

"You know, I've never thought you'd ask me out." I laugh when Jake rolls his eyes, standing up so he can order our little dinner.

One half and hour after Bailee left, I received some messages from Jake complaining about his new roomie and how he needed to get out of there, so he decided it would be a good idea going to the nearer cafe and talk about life. My phone buzzes and I read the new message.

Jake

Giselle, you need to repeat to me what you want for dinner because I'm going to order you fish and chips.

And yeah, I know you hate it with passion. 

Giselle

DON'T YOU DARE JAKE

I  want a large Frappuccino with Oreo and a sandwich. Don't fail me, bro.

I lock my phone and look at Jake who has changed since the last time I saw him. His hair has grown and got more curly, which is very cute if you ask me. He's wearing a black t-shirt which shows his tanned arms and light brown shorts. It's impossible to deny the fact he's pretty attractive but there's nothing more to add because I can't see him in any other way.

"What's in that pretty head of yours?" Jake asks while puts our dishes on the table carefully.

"You have changed a bit, I guess"  I shrugged and he frowns confused.

"I hope it's for the better. I've been going to te gym and it would be a shame if you haven't noticed it." Believe me, I've noticed, I'd like to say but his pride would be all over the place and I don't want him to show off.

"You look very good yourself" I rephrase and he smiles proudly. "So... what about your girlfriend?"  What the hell? Why have I asked that in the first place? For the look in Jake's face I know it's taken him by surprise. But it's too late to take it back.

"Well, as I've told you the last time we talked about this, it's getting a bit harder. She's studying in the north of England because she only could study the degree she wants there. But we will make it work, I know" Jake sighs but keep smiling. God, her girlfriend is so lucky to have him. "Any is there any lucky boy around?" he asks me cockily. 

"Well, I can't say that there have been no possible candidates this summer but I dunno, the relationships, if I can call them like that, didn't work" I admit to him and he rubs his face.

"You aren't over him, are you?" 

That thought has been around my head a lot but I have never been clear. I thought less and less about her, but from what Hannah once said to me on one of our nights of non-stop ice cream, I understood that you never know if you've outdone someone until you see them again and feel nothing. And I am afraid because I do not know how I would react to having it in front of me but I know that I would not be indifferent.

My confidence wasn't the best and I'm sure that any girl could see how handsome he is. While I'm here going back in time every time I'm not doing something, he must be going out with some girl and the guys having fun. And I tried, I really did but everyone who has been around me know I'm not the best at getting over people. I curse the day I fell in love with him, things would have been easier. 

"You've already exposed yourself. Anyways, do you know what he's been up to these last months?" he asks interested. Well, he blocked me and possibly still hates me for what I did to him but yeah, it's okay. I'm definitely not going to say that to him.

"I dunno, he blocked me his instastories and didn't post any photo. But Blake has a secret girlfriend he doesn't want to talk to me about and George has been helping his mother in some soccer team." I inform him adding a little white lie while I take a sip from my Frappuccino. It's so good. "You should definitely try this, it's amazing".