THE DAY BEFORE

The king fumed as he watched his son walk from the room. He knew he would have to act fast before she gained her full power. turning to his advisor he nodded. 

"It is time." The advisor did not ask any questions but instead nodded in return and headed out to get the warriors ready for battle.

 The king turned back to the letter on his table. Old and faded from repeated opening the letter was still a breaking reminder to the king of his actions. He closed the letter and placed it back in the bottom drawer, locking it before placing the key back around his neck.

*****************************************************

Sam woke with a start. Her whole body shook and her throat was dry. 

"Shh.. you are safe now my child." Esree smiled softly at Sam and she caught sight of Elizabeth.

"Wha.." She cleared her throat and took a sip of the water Esree held out to her. "What are you doing here?"

Elizabeth looked at her with a tinge of sadness and smiled softly. "How are you feeling?"

Sam frowned. "Don't change the subject. What are you doing here?" She asked; more demanding.

Elizabeths looked down before sighing. "The king is preparing his armies for battle, they have already raided many of the small villages within his realm, killing everything that stands in his way. Rare and peaceful creatures are being forced to fight to protect themselves. Many have gone into hiding, but even more are being killed."

Sam was struck with a sudden hatred that flared up as Lex shared her hate. "We have to stop him" Sam stood from the bed. Esree followed her as she headed for the door. 

"Where are you going?" Sam stopped and turned to Esree.

"If we are going to battle, we will need a lot of help." Sam turned and walked out the door, leaving Esree and Elizabeth.

Sam came to the clearing where she last saw the wolf pack and found them lounging in the sun. Transforming into her wolf form she emerged from the trees. The Alpha immediately came to her and greeted her with great affection. Lex came forward and a mental conversation was shared between the two wolves. The Alpha seemed to understand and they were led into the forest.

What is happening?  Sam asked and she heard Lex answer in a soft whisper.

These wolves have been guarding the entrance to a realm beyond the reach of any evil. That is why the hell hounds attacked them. The Alpha is taking us to the entrance. You said you needed help. It is time to call in a favor.  Sam did not ask any questions as they came to a tunnel of boulders completely covered in moss and slightly hidden behind bushes. If the Alpha had not shown them the opening she would have missed it completely. Sam lost consciousness as they stepped into the opening. When she came to she found herself in a beautiful and bright city. The sun was brightly reflecting from the golden statues that lined every corner of each street. Strange cars rushed past them and unique creatures walked along the shops that lined the streets. 

All shapes and sizes walked all around them. The alpha started to move forward and Lex followed. They headed to a large building that seemed to be the center of all things around them. When they came to the large gates the Alpha turned and left them. Lex started to shift and took on the half-human half-wolf shape. Sam realized they were not dressed but Lex assured her it would be for the best. The gates opened and four guards stood before them. They looked at Lex with wide eyes and immediately stepped forward. Lex allowed her power to flow freely and the guards stopped in their tracks. Their gold and silver armor showed their reflection and Sam could actually see the power radiating from Lex in a golden glow in the shape of a huge wolf. It seemed to surround everything around her and guards saw it as well. They drew their swords and their white capes fluttered in the breeze. The wolf threw back its head and let out a roar that rattled the very windows of the castle-like building.

More guards rushed from their posts to protect the city from Lex but a small smile spread over her face.

"Let them in." Came a strong voice from behind the guards. The guards hesitated for a second but stepped to the sides making a path for Lex to walk. The two guards at the front of each line removed their helmets to reveal the slender faces of two beautiful men. They had elegant features close to those of a woman but still masculine.

Elves.  Lex whispered to Sam. Very noble and loyal creatures, ready to protect the one they serve at any cost.  Sam did not ask any questions but instead listened to everything around her.

"It has been a while since we last spoke. I am so glad to see you again Mistress." Lex smiled and stepped forward. The man in front of her did not look like an Elf nor did he seem dangerous and Lex immediately recognized his spirit.

"Elnor, my dearest friend, it has been many centuries." Lex embraced the white-haired man with the crystal blue eyes. He was tall and slender but muscular as well. His white robe, embroidered with silver and golden roses glowed and his staff emitted a strong power that felt clean and pure. The man inhaled her sent and a sigh of pure bliss passed from his lips.

"I am so glad you are here please come in and enjoy our best hospitality and we can get you some proper attire as well." He said guiding her to the front of the castle.

"I am just as glad to have seen you again, though I wish it were under better circumstances. Elnor, we need your help." She looked up at him and he saw the urgency in her eyes.

He nodded and turned to a servant standing by the door. "Get our Mistress some suitable clothes and prepare the west wing for her. We will be in the study. Call on her when you are done with the preparations." The servant blushed and nodded eagerly before rushing back into the castle. She spoke in elven as she gave orders to the line of servants waiting just inside the door. They all seemed eager as they rushed to do what was ordered. Elnor smiled and led her to the study with a gentle but firm hand on her lower back.

Lex concealed her power again and she looked at Elnor. " Please we must talk as soon as possible. This is of the utmost importance."

He nodded and two guards opened the doors to his study; closing them as they entered the study. "Now tell me, what brings you here, my Lady?"

"The Wolf King has prepared his armies. They are raiding villages, killing everyone that steps in their way. This is the war as foretold by the great oak." Elnor gasped in horror before sinking into his chair. He slumped forward, letting his head fall into his hands.

"I hoped it would not happen this soon, but it seems that we have no choice." Just as he pulled a stack of folded and sealed letters from his drawer the servant girl entered the room. "I will send these. We will be prepared and ready to march before sunrise. Now go and rest, I will call on you when it is ready."

Lex nodded, understanding the urgency of these letters. She followed the girl to the west wing of the castle and saw that the decoration in this part of the castle was not as bright as the others. A more natural and calming atmosphere decorated these walls. 

Her room was beautiful and on the bed laid the most elegant gowns she had ever seen. The blue and silver patters on the white dress gave the effect of clouds drifting through a summer sky. Lex gave complete control to Sam, who was completely exhausted, but buzzing with many questions. Lex calmed her and convinced her to rest. Sam dressed and realized the dress was much too long for her, but she did not complain. She fell asleep even before her head had touched the pillows. 

She had no dreams, but a feeling of dread haunted her mind.

Death was fast approaching and it brought a whole army of hate.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Thank you guys for being so patient with me and helping me as I write each chapter. This book is coming close to an end but do not fear. The next book in the series has started. It is called Her Written Fate and I will release the first chapter the moment this book is finished. 

This book will fill in a lot of gaps of who Elizabeth is and what she has to do with the prophecies about Samantha.

Please vote and comment. I would love to hear from my readers.