Chapter 21 ~ We're gonna need a really big brain

Start from the beginning

He pulls up at the diner and we all get out, heading inside. Usually they don't allow pets in, but they know how much Max means to me and he's a sweetheart so they make an exception. We take a seat at a booth. Dad is sitting by the window and Nat next to him. Across from them is Scott, Max, and I with me by the window, Max in the middle, and Scott on the end.

"Hey guys." We hear our usual waiter, Jessica, say as she comes over to us. We all usually meet up at least once or twice a week to catch up and Jessica has always been our waiter each time. She's a nice girl. "Bruce not coming today?" She asks as she notices he's not here.

"He'll be here soon. Our friend Scott is back and he has to see him." I tell her.

She nods. "So, the usual then?" She asks me.

"Yup." I say, popping the 'p'.

She turns to the rest of them. "You guys want anything?" She asks the rest of them.

"Just water is fine," Dad tells her.

She nods and smiles at us. "Be right back."

"What's the usual?" Scott asks me when Jessica walks away.

"Two bowls of eggs and sausages along with two plates of pancakes." I tell him. "Bruce and I get one each."

"Wow, you're hungry," Scott mutters.

"She's always hungry." Dad and Nat say in unison.

Scott gives a confused look.

"I'm a speedster so I have to eat a lot or I'll pass out," I explain to him and he nods.

I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket and I take it out. It's a text from Tony.

'I know as stubborn as you guys are, you're still gonna try.'

I smile at the message and text back.

'You know we are, Uncle T. I just wish you would come around and help us.'

'You know why I can't, (Y/n). I just can't... I can't risk losing her.'

'I know. I understand.'

It takes a few minutes, but he finally responds back.

'Bet you'll turn the test subject into a baby.'

'You're on!'

I put my phone away just as the familiar booming voice of our big green friend sends our attention to him as he walks into the diner. He makes his way to our table, pulling his personal chair up and setting it at the end of the table. I would give him a hug, but I'm in the corner of the booth and don't want to make Scott and Max move just for that.

"(Y/n), Nat, Steve," Bruce says, nodding his head in our directions in greeting. He then sees Scott, who is just staring with his mouth wide open.

"Scott Lang," I say to Bruce, introducing our green friend to him. Bruce nods in greeting. "So Scott, you gonna explain your plan to Bruce?"

Scott snaps out of his daze. "Right." He says and then goes on to explaining the same thing he has been repeating all day to everyone. As he does, Jessica comes out with our food and drinks. Bruce and I start digging in right away.

"Come on, I feel like (Y/n) and I are the only ones eating here," Bruce says as he pushes one of his plates towards Scott. "Try some of that. Have some eggs."

"It's really good," I add as I shove more food in my mouth.

"I'm so confused," Scott says as he stares at Bruce, trying to figure out how he's also the Hulk now too.