10

[watch blue exorcist or perish]

Jisung couldn't exactly avoid the older, seeing as part of his job was to be around him, so he just stayed quiet for the most part, giving one word answers whenever Minho spoke to him.

Of course he noticed, the way Jisung would refuse to make eye contact, looking like he'd rather be anywhere but here.

"Hey, are you okay?" Minho asked eventually, placing a hand on Jisung's shoulder.

He jumped slightly, but shook his head and gave a sad smile, "It's nothing, I'm fine."

He furrowed his brows, but decided to let it go. Minho looked up to see Hyunjin supposedly searching for something or someone, with the widest smile ever.

Hyunjin suddenly whipped his head around, his eyes lighting up as they locked with Minho's. He quickly made his way to where the latter stood.

"Minho! Oh my god Minho! You'll never believe what happened!"

"Let me guess, you and Seunghee are getting married?"

"Yes!!"

Minho choked on his spit, "Really?"

[quick a/n, this is based in the past, and people would literally marry people they've known for like 2 weeks, so don't be alarmed]

"Yes, I proposed to her!"

"That's- that's amazing! You can finally leave!"

Hyunjin glared, slapping Minho on the shoulder a little too hard. "Anyways- I met her father again, that was awkward, but he gave us his blessing."

"When's the wedding? Does your father know yet? Has he even heard about her?"

"Well- not yet.. but he's the one who sent me to find a wife!"

"Oh my god Minho, do you think he'll be mad? What if he tells me I can't marry a commoner!" Hyunjin gasped, grabbing the older by his most likely bruised shoulder.

Minho winced at the contact, "She's a noblewoman and her father is like, best friends with mine. I don't think he'll mind."

"You're right, he can't be that mad. You know what? I'll go back home and tell him today!"

---

When Hyunjin informed the king of his departure, he insisted that Minho should go with him, 'Just wants to get rid of me, old hag..'