Sister Location

Fazbear Entertainment was desperate for one more attempt at a comeback, so they decided to build a sister location using completely new animatronics, where nothing bad could happen. However, they couldn't get anyone to build the animatronics, so they had to hire William. William and Michael built the machines, William rigging them to become murderers.

The new restaurant (Circus Baby's Pizza World?) first opened to a limited number of customers as a trial, and William brought his daughter Elisabeth (remember her?). Elisabeth wanted to see Baby, the main animatronic, but William knew that Baby would kill her, so didn't let her go. Howevever, William looked away for a few seconds, and Elisabeth ran off to see Baby, who killed her. According to one of the phone calls in FNaF 3, there was also at least one springlock incident. The restaurant closds, and William convinced Fazbear Entertainment to let him keep the machines, starting his own company called Afton Robotics, where the animatronics could be rented out for parties. Meanwhile, Baby became possessed by Elisabeth.

William built a machine called the 'scooper' which ripped out animatronics' insides. After attempting to scoop Baby, William realised that she was possessed by Elisabeth. He then rang Michael, convincing him to work down there for a week. The animatronics mistook Michael for William, and tried to get their revenge.

Baby tricked Michael into going into the scooping room, where he found out that the animatronics had used their scooped-out insides to build an animatronic themselves, called Ennard. Michael was trapped. The animatronics used the scooper to scoop out Michael's insides and ripped out his skeleton. Ennard, who was shaped like a skeleton, then wore Michael's hollowed corpse as an animatronic suit.

Ennard, containing the consciences of all of the funtime (Sister Location era) animatronics, tried to live life as Michael, but very quickly realised that the skin was decomposing. Eventually, Ennard left Michael's corpse, and, somehow, Michael possesses his own body (that is canon, not a theory).