16 • Memory loss?

Start from the beginning

"Ohh my mistake! I am sorry. As maine already unke samne apko as wife introduce kardiya hai. So I hope you will manage him according to it. Or else he might get stress, which is absolutely not good for him. Alright?"

Naira went in some deep thinking, as his wife? It would be difficult for her. Naitik and Manish got her situation. They told her to agree to this term.

"Ms. Naira?"

N "Okay,"

After the hectic day, both the families were informed about Kartik's health.

The next day his family met him. Naira was there too but didn't go to meet him.

Suwarna, Akshara and his Nani were there with Kartik. Kartik knew them. How? There was a secret lying in between. Wink*

K "Where is my wife?" He asked his mother. Suwarna called a hesitant Naira from behind. He smiled looking at her. Others left giving them space.

K "Naira?" He called her and she stopped.

N "Tumhe mera naam kaise pata?" She asked, shocked.

K "Woh Maa ne bataya abhi." He answered, nervously.

N "Okay.." She stood there, fidgeting with her fingers, confused. How to start the conversation?

Kartik pulled her, holding her wrist. And she landed beside him.

N "Kartik, what are you doing? Leave..me.." She took her hand back.

K "I thought you are my wife. so I can do this." He smirked.

Naira remembered doctor's advise and quietly nodded her head. Innocent baby!

Kartik tucked her hairs behind her ear, lovingly and took her face in his palm, placing a soft kiss on her cheek. Poor sherni couldn't even stop him. Health is important you see! Lmao.

N "Umm.. Kartik, Tum ready hojao haan? We are going back today. Main formalities puri karke aati hoon." She left hastily giving him an excuse. While he had his signature smirk on his face still.

___

K "This is beautiful." Naira was driving, he was beside her. As he wanted her accompany him.

N "What is beautiful?"

K "The view and the most beautiful girl, my wife." He stated making her smile.

Wish that moment could last forever. Naira dropped him home. His chachu and his brother Shubham helped him to reach the room.

N "Dadi ab main chalti hoon."

"Iswaqt? Beta yehi rukhjao aaj. raat bhi hogayi hai." Dadi requested.

"Haan beta rukhjao. We can't let you go at this hour." Suwarna said, concerned.

N "Jii Dadi." She agreed reluctantly.

Though she wanted to stay over. As she was worried for him. At least, he would be there in front of her eyes.

___

Suwarna arranged a room for Naira so that she could stay comfortably. Naira talked to her mother for sometime and told her about her stay at Kartik's place.

N "Kartik must be sleeping. Should I go meet him? Agar kisine dekh liya toh? So what, you are just going to meet him nah. There is no problem in it."

Finally listening to her heart, she went to his room. There he was sleeping peacefully, really? She smiled at her Mendak, caressing his forehead. Her soft touch woke him up.

K "Hi biwi!"

N "Oh no! Ab kya Naira?" She said in her mind, fearing.

K "Toh finally tum agayi. I was waiting for you only, wifey." He exclaimed, hugging her tightly.

N "Kartik, chodo mujhe. Aur tum mera wait kyu kar rahe the?"

K "You are my wife. Hum eksath soyenge nah?" Hehe.

N "Kartik..Main..Tumhare saath?" She got another shock.

K "Dekho abhi sojao. Mujhe bohot neend aarahi hai." He demanded, pouting.

She couldn't deny considering the fact that he would take stress again.

N "Fine! Tum us side sojao aur main iss side sojati hoon. Fair enough!"

He just shook his head in disbelief, wrapping his arms around her.

N "Kartik..Tum.."

K "Shut up. And sleep!" He literally ordered and innocent sherni had no option. Kartik suppressed his laughter and slept where he belongs. Ahh this is what called peace!

___

Few hours passed, his sleep broke. The sight was enough to warm his heart. His love was sleeping peacefully in his arms. The smile on his face grew bigger as he placed a kiss on her forehead.

"I love you stupid Sherni." He confessed to his sleeping Naira.

.
.
.

***

Is it wrong to lie for a good reason? I guess, no. Press the star icon if you liked the suspense. It was a quick one.~Jiya🌸

***