Chapter 23 - Christmas

Start from the beginning

Dear Baby Girl.
Nicole. I don't know when you'll find this but I've passed. Uncle Mike was told to put these in the back of the album of our little family. I know you're hurting but please don't morn me forever. I have loved you every day of my life and never stopped and never will. Keep smiling baby girl. It's beautiful.  Go on with your life and become happy. Get away from the ranch. Go follow your dream and when you do I have another letter for you. Each letter is marked for you to read or to give to someone. When you actually go out and follow your dreams read your dreams. When you find the man who takes your heart, when you feel it's right before the wedding day hand him the letter that says the man that teas hear heart. The wedding day please give him Son in Law. The Wedding day one is for you on your wedding day. The Grandchild one is what you read to them when their young. They won't understand but you will. So go off and do your dream baby. Even if it breaks your heart, leave the ranch, leave your uncles behind, and follow your dreams. You're talented and beautiful. Find a man who lifts you off your feet and is a gentle man. I'll be watching over you every day with your mama sweet pea.
I love you, Papa

That letter made me cry into my hands. I tried not to cry loudly because I heard Luke walk by the door. I could tell it was him by the sound of his shoes. After I gathered myself together. I smiled at it. I had to read the one that said your dreams. I've already followed them and look where it got me. I opened it and it had a picture. It was a picture of my mama cutting open a ribbon on a general store with my dad. On the back it said Mama's dream.  I then read the letter.

Nicole,
You're reading this because you've perused your dream and you're there baby girl. I'm proud of you. I know you're making it big. You're probably swimming in money, but doing the right thing. I'm glad you've done this. You see your mama and I did before we had you. Your grandfather on her side helped open the store. He gave the money. It was a big hit. We were able to pay him back in no time. I hope your lyrics are becoming number one hits so everyone can hear them and be inspired by them. You were always a poet. Please never stop going on with your dreams. Encourage others as well. Your mother and I always perused ours. Now our spirits are free and we are happy. Now find that man that lifts you off your feet and is a gentleman. I know you dream of having a family. Don't let that one go either. I hope you find him soon so he can read what I've wrote for him. I'm sorry but you can't read it. Keep your chin up sweet pea.
Love you, Papa.

I smiled at that one. My dad just kept rambling on. He always did that. He never knew when to quit telling me things but I enjoyed reading. I thought to myself while looking at the letter that said to the man that takes her heart. I wonder when would be the right time. He already has taken my heart and is taking care of it like a gentleman. I heard the door open and I quickly put the letters in the back of the album. I wipe my eyes and turn around. Look is leaning on the doorframe and then sees I've been crying.
Luke walks over and sits next to me putting an arm around me. I lay my head on him and just stare down.

"That's the last photo I've ever taken with my pa. We were both making dinner and my Uncle Mike thought it would be a great picture. We had flour all over. For the picture we put it on each other and were laughing like fools. I never thought that would be the last picture I've ever taken with him." Luke kissed my head.
"Well at least you see happy memories. You could tell you both were happy with each other and loved each other dearly. You were a daddy's girl." I giggled knowing that was true. I showed him the picture in my hand.
"I never saw this one before I found letters in the back of here. I can't show them too you though, but I can show you this." I said letting him hold the picture.
"That's my ma and pa at their general store before they had me. It was my mama's dream to own a store. My pa wrote me a letter making sure I would follow my dreams. He attached this picture proving we all follow our dreams in my family." I smiled. I hugged onto Luke tight. "My dreams are coming true. I only have a few left to complete."
"What are your dreams besides writing lyrics and having them bought?" He looked at me.
"To travel. I've done that. To find the man of my dreams. I've done that." I smiled at him and he smiled back. "To catch my first buck is one. To marry and have children is another, and to own my own recording studio is three." I said.
"I think you'd be able to get them done. Especially the marry and children one. I want kids." He said. Helping me up off the floor. I bend over and close the album placing it on the bed. I turn to him.
"So how many do you want?" I asked. He shrugged.
"Two or three. I want that boy I play ball and fish with, and then the girl I spoil and have her follow me like daddies little girl." His eyes lit up. "What about you?" He said coming close to me holding my hands.
"Same. I've always wanted kids. I don't want one. Being an only child isn't the funniest thing in the world. I'd like two boys and a girl. The boys would protect the girl like they should against boyfriends." I said and we laughed.
"Our son or sons would. Whether they are younger or older. That's how I was with my older sister."
"If they are like their daddy they will be strong handsome gentlemen." I said kissing him.
"If the girl is like their mother, she'll be smart, beautiful, and loving."He said and kissed me back.  "Come on, let's go eat dinner." Luke said slapping my butt with a smirk.
"I'll be down in a minute. I'll put these back and be down. I have a lyric idea." He sold.
"Okay 15 minutes. If you're not down I'm going to bring you myself." He then left the room. I put away the album grabbing the letter for Luke it felt bigger than the rest.  I made my way to our room and opened my laptop. I put the note in my nightstand. Then I went off of what my dad said. Even if it breaks your heart follow your dreams. The words just flowed.

"Way back on the radio dial the fire got lit inside a bright eyed child. Every not just wrapped around the soul from Steele guitars to Memphis all the way to rock and roll oh I can hear me playing I can hear the ringing of a beat up old guitar. Oh I can hear the singing keep on dreaming even if it breaks your heart. Downtown is where I use to wonder old enough to get there but o young to get inside. SO I would stand out on the sidewalk listen to the music every Friday night. Ooh I can hear them playing I can hear the ringing of a beat up old guitar. Oh I can hear them singing keep on dreaming even if it breaks your heart. Some dreams stay with you forever, drags you around to bring you back to where you were. Some dreams keep on getting better. Got to believe if you want to know for show. Whoa I can hear them playing. I can hear the ringing of a beat up old guitar. Whoa I can hear them singing keep on dreaming even if it breaks your heart." (ELI YOUNG BAND)

Just as I finished rereading the words Luke was walking into the bedroom with a mestivious look on his face. My eyes got wide.

"I just finished a song. I'm coming, I'm coming." I said putting the laptop down and closing it. He picked me up anyway and I screamed. "Put me down! I was coming down!" I yelled at him slapping his behind.
"Now I'm not letting you go." He laughed. He carried me carefully all the way down the stairs into the dining room. He set me down at a chair next to him.

We all ate and then I showed the song to Luke. He said it was brilliant. I told him I was emailing James to see if he could get someone to want it. I did so and then we showered together. Luke up and came in the shower. He started to kiss my shoulder to my neck to my ear. We didn't even bother getting dressed. We just headed to the bed and ended Christmas with a bang.