"Don't allow setbacks like this to hinder you from enjoying your youth, Jamal. I need you to remember that and I don't mind reminding you every second." Faizal told me as he has always done in the past and I nodded.

"Thank you." I smiled at him and he smiled back. He leaned on the table and looked at me.

"So, tell me something, anything. What happened throughout last week? Anything new?" He asked me. Instinctively, my lips spread in a lopsided grin as the image of a certain girl flashed through my mind. Faizal noticed this.

"Oh, you are smiling. That's rare." His interest has been peaked and I laughed at how therapist Faizal switched so quickly to amebo Faizal.

"I met someone," I revealed in a low voice.

"Hmmm, this is interesting. So, who is she?" He asked and I raise my eyebrow at him.

"I didn't say the person was a female, Faizal," I said.

"Well, you wouldn't be smiling like a lunatic if the person was a male." He stated matter-of-factly and I snickered.

"Fair point," I replied.

"So tell me about her, Jamal. What is she like?" Faizal asked and my lower lips went in between my teeth, thinking about her again.

"I haven't gotten to talk to her yet. She's a family friend that just moved from Abuja and my parents had her family over for dinner..." I trailed off and Faizal looked at me with a corked eyebrow.

"But..." He urged me to continue and I laughed.

"...but she has this calming and soothing aura around her. It's so serene..." I trailed off again, a calm feeling washing over me. I looked at Faizal who already had a smile playing on his lips. "I sound so cheesy. This is stupid."

"No, on the contrary, Jamal. You haven't looked this calm in a while. You have this look on your face when you are thinking about her and it's genuine. That's saying a lot because you don't ordinarily warm up to new people." Faizal stated.

"I know right. It feels so strange, yet natural. I really can't understand the way I'm feeling. Maybe, I'm wrong about her though. I'm not exactly the best judge of character." I moistened my dry lips with my tongue.

"We can't exactly say, Jamal. This is the first time you are paying attention to a lady apart from your sister. I'm not counting that girl you are always frolicking with. What's her name?" Faizal requested.

"Tolani?" I stated and questioned at the same time.

"Yes, that one. I honestly don't know why you are still with her." Faizal grimaced and I sighed.

"It's complicated," I stated.

"Anyway, what I'm saying is...she has got to be special if you can't stop thinking about her. But still, be watchful." Faizal advised and I nodded.

"I will. Thank you, Faizal." I smiled and he smiled back.

"Of course. Anytime." He replied.

After a few more questions about my health and my drug dosage, it was time for me to leave. I bade Faizal goodbye before I left his office. Strapping myself into the car seat as the driver made a turn, driving out of the parking lot and into the road, I sighed, preparing myself mentally for what drama the new session had to bring.

****

Elyon's POV

The bell went off, signaling lunch break. Students began to file out of the classroom and I picked my purse and my phone from my bag when Mateo tapped my shoulder.