CHAPTER THIRTEEN ✔️

Start from the beginning

"No I'm good." Harley rejected her mother's help. Addison's face fell, her shoulders slumping. She was trying her best, but maybe it just was too little, too late.

"Harley I know that—"

"Mom, I'm not doing this now. I'm not having this conversation. I have a date to get ready for, alright?" Harley interrupted her mother. She wasn't in the mood for her mother's excuses.

"Oh, so it is a date?" The smug grin was back on her face. Harley rolled her eyes, pushing the woman out of her room.

"Goodbye!" She yelled, drowning out any cheeky comments her mother was about to make, slamming the door shut.

Harley turned around, sighing heavily as she looked at her messy room. She was going to have to clean it all up when she was back.

Her stomach dropped when her phone buzzed. The two previous texts she had received from the unknown number haunted her mind as she shakily pulled it out of the pocket, a sigh of relief falling from between her lips when it was a simple notification from twitter.

"Gosh, Harley, stop being so paranoid." She mumbled to herself, stuffing her phone back in its place in her pocket. It was obviously just someone trying to mess with her, nothing else. At least that was what she was going to continue telling herself.

The Byers girl was highly disturbed by the two texts. Harley felt unsafe, watched, whenever her phone chimed with a text, or even signaled a notification at all. But she wasn't going to tell someone. Who would she tell anyway? Her parents was a no go, and Jughead would only tell the girl she was being paranoid. She didn't need to tell anyone anything. It wasn't necessary.

Little did she know. . .

˚✧₊*⁎⁺˳✧༚

     The shrill sound of the bell sounded loudly when the door to Pop's opened, Harley stepping foot inside wearing a nervous look. It was hid behind a stern mask.

     Her eyes slipped over the people inside the diner. Her eyes stopped at the Serpent logo embedded in the leather, her breath hitching in her throat. Sweet Pea's back was turned against her, but she recognized him. Even sitting he was still tall. Sucking in a deep breath, the curly headed brunette headed in his direction. She smoothly slipped into the seat infront of him, arching a brow in his direction along with an arched brow.

     "You came." He almost sounded surprised. Harley shrugged her shoulders, nodding. "Also, your late." The clock read 08.23 am. The girl was twenty minutes late.

     "You invited me, did you not? Did you think I wouldn't show up?" Harley asked. Sweet Pea opened his mouth to answer, but shut it when Pop Tate approached to take their orders.

     "Harley, feels like I haven't seen you in ages." He said, taking her order. A strawberry milkshake, a burger and fries.

     "Yeah, I've been busy. Wouldn't mind picking up a shift though." Harley flashed him a smile. He returned it.

     "Sure, I'll let you know. What can I get you?" He switched his attention over to Sweet Pea, accepting his order before disappearing back into the kitchen to prepare the food.