1: Her Legality

Yui's POV

Seven years ago, my father died. On that very day, right on my eleventh birthday, I felt really bad. I was close to doing something wrong. Not until this boy came, as he made me realize to look at the good things that surround me.

The drawings I used to do when I was younger, turned into words as I grew older. Since that day, I kept the peculiar notebook my father gave as a gift for me, and whenever I had so many thoughts in my head, I just start to write there to burst out all the emotions that would trouble me. That way, I would feel relieved by the pain I feel.

"Happy birthday, Yuii!"  My cousin Dawnn and my friend Archie cheerfully greeted me in unison. We're on the rooftop of our home. I forgot to say that today's my day, and yeah, it's my father's death anniversary as well.

"Wow, finally! You're already eighteen years old! Girl, you're already allowed to have your 'knight in shining armor'!" Archie playfully said. Forgive her, she's really corny.

"Wow, finally! You're already allowed to go to jail! Yahoo!" A very familiar voice had suddenly got in. I intently stared at him.

"Oh, thank you! I appreciate your presence, you bastard! Really, thank you for greeting me!" I sarcastically shouted at him as I pulled his hair lightly.

"Argh! Hey, stop it! It hurts!" With me lightly pulling it, I slowly tightened my hand unto his hair. "Hey, hey, hey, hey! Stop it now! I'm just kidding!"  With that, I let him go. He then turned back.

"Oh dear, Skye. You really want to be hit by my cousin, huh?" Dawnn laughed as she told him that, then he faced me.

"I just want to give this to you," Skye said sincerely while handling the gift to me. I thanked him.

"Ehem, ehem," Archie meddled in as if she was clearing her throat.

"Is there, by any chance... something going on with the both of you?"

"Actually... there is." Dawnn bluntly said as though she knows everything.

"She's my wife..." Skye said out of a sudden. I glared at him.

"Well... I've got to wait for her." He continued with a smirk on his face. "That's what mom--I mean, her mother said."

In that seven years, Skye Natividad was always there to comfort me. Oftentimes, he's really immature and hard-headed, but every time I've been going through something, he's just there to make me realize the bright side of things. 

During one of the days in my first year of college, he confessed to me. That time, I didn't know what to say, because it's the first time someone had the courage to go near me and confess for I have strict parents. Since my mother wants me to focus on my studies first, she doesn't want me to get distracted in having a boyfriend until I graduate.

That's why, he promised me that he will wait for that time.