2

"Im sorry to say this, but your son is permanently blind."

"No please, there's no cure?"

"We can try, he's going to have to stay here until we find out how."

They were whispering, not knowing that I could hear every word they say. Permanently blind? That doesn't sound that bad, but I don't want to stay on this cold hospital bed forever.

"Jinwoo, you'll be ok, I'll be back ok?" I heard my mom try to hide the fact that she's been crying.

"I'm fine mom, go."

I guess this is how I'm going to spend my life now, swimming in darkness. Try to paint the image that everyone talks about seeing. Should I be sad? Or relieved that it's not a deadly virus? Either way, my life is going to change.

I heard a small 'creek' as the door opened. I may not be able to see, but now I'm able to hear better than anything. "Who's there?"

There was silence, that gave me chills. "Boo!" A young girls voice boomed into my right year.

"Hey!"

"I'm sorry, I know it isn't right to scare a blind person." Now her voice sounded a bit older and mature.

"What do you want?" Her presence was annoying me, she almost scared me to death.

"I know that your new, here I brought you these."

"What is it?" I felt her lean in and put a pair of glasses on my face.

"They're sunglasses, you don't have to worry about creepily staring at someone." She let out a small, cute laugh.

"Oh, thanks." That was really unexpected. Now I regretted thinking that she was annoying.

"I have to go. See you tomorrow?"

"Yea."

"Wait what's your name?"

"Jinwoo."

"I'm Chorong."

I didn't know then, but she was the reason that woke me up every morning with someone to look forward to.