Chapter 2

Elyon's sneaker in the media 👆🏾

Elyon's POV

After that night, I barely heard anything from the Bamidele's. Early that morning, I had heard voices coming from the room opposite mine but I just decided to believe I was probably dreaming. They came to see my parents later that day and with the way Mum sent Venus and me to our rooms, I knew something was up but I didn't want to eavesdrop because it was none of my business.

I had gotten Skye's number during the dinner so I chatted her up and acted so natural and there was nothing off about the way she chatted with me, so I decided to brush every weird feeling I had. Though I couldn't stop thinking about Jamal. We didn't even talk during the dinner but I saw his eyes on me the most time. I found myself smiling at the thought. I couldn't wait to get to know how he was like.

Resumption day came speedily. I came out of the bathroom clad in my towel before making my way to the dressing table by my bedside. After rubbing my body in lotion and wearing my underwear, I stood up to get my school uniform from the wardrobe.

This has got to be the best uniform in the history of Uniforms because it was way better than that of my former school. The color was a combination of white and grey. The short-sleeve shirt was pure white with the logo of the school by the side pocket but the rest of the uniform was dominantly grey, ranging from the shirt to the blazer and tie.

When I was done dressing up, I picked up my black wedge-heeled sneakers and placed them beside me. I was wearing my white socks when Venus barged into my room, like always. I gave her a stink eye, accessing her dressing.

Venus was in Junior Secondary school three so her uniform was different from mine. She was clad in the same short sleeve shirt but instead of the skirt, it was a grey pinafore, the same material as my skirt. Instead of the blazer, she was given a grey cardigan with white rims. She wore white socks and black sneakers.

"Venus, for the last time, don't barge into my room," I growled at her, putting on my shoe.

"Mummy asked me to tell you to hurry up. We are following the Bamidele's and they are almost done. If you like, sleep there." She hissed and went out of my room.

"Fuck!" I wore my shoe speedily and began to comb my hair before packing it. I did a little makeup, picked my already packed bag, and raced out of the house. I saw my parents still in their nightwear but my mum had already made breakfast.

"Good morning." I bawled, quickly swiping a toasted bread from the plate, sticking it into my mouth, and started to run out. I heard my parents laugh before I finally got out, making my way to Bamidele's house. Venus had already gotten there by the time I was reaching the gate.

Sly oshi. I hissed within myself as I made it inside the compound.

"Elyon." I heard Skye call waving at me and I waved back, my eyes taking in her uniform.

She was dressed like me but she looked way better in hers. Her skirt was a bit shorter than mine and she rocked grey-colored high tops. Her hair was in braids and packed in a high ponytail.

"Hey!" I got to her. I greeted Uncle Joel immediately after and he went back to listening to Venus who was yapping his ears off about God knows what.

"You look nice. See you rocking this uniform more than I am." She said all smiles and I rolled my eyes at her whining.

"Abeg stop whining me. You are rocking this thing better than I am." I nudged her and she chuckled. Since the driver was still warming the car, we decided to engage ourselves, discussing what happened over the weekend. It was then I noticed Jamal wasn't with us and no one was making an effort to call him out or something.