“Is everything alright?” Rachel questioned when I pulled her into the bedroom.

“No, no, everything is not alright,” I replied, pacing the room. She sat on the bed quiet until I couldn’t hold it in anymore. 

“I think Harry’s cheating on me,” I bursted out, facing her.

“What?!” Rachel exclaimed, her eyes wide. “But-how-what?”

I closed my eyes before going into the story. “When we were still in London, I saw a text that Harry got from a girl named Jade. It wasn’t just a text, but it was a picture, and more specifically, a nude. I didn’t know what to do, so I just kept it to myself. But then, just a few days ago, I had a nightmare where I was watching Harry doing it with her and they caught me and he told me to leave, even though in the nightmare, we technically were together. And then, after I woke up from that, I grabbed his phone just to check the time and I noticed he had another message from her and I know I shouldn’t have done it, but I opened it and it was more pictures of her wearing lingerie and I don’t think he deleted the first picture but it’s eating me alive and not only that but he’s usually gone for longer than a normal recording session every day and you guys say it’s because of the band and stuff but I think it’s because he might be seeing her and everything fits and I just don’t know what to do and…” 

By the time I finished, I was in tears. Rachel got up and dragged me onto the bed, holding me in her arms and comforting me. It took me a while to calm down but after the first rush of sobs, I kind of felt better.

“I think you should talk to Harry about this,” she advised.

“I know, but I just don’t want to make things worse,” I said.

“Steph, in order to have a good, strong relationship, you need to be talking about your problems to each other. I know how much you don’t want to, but your relationship is just going to fall apart if you don’t have good communication. He might be a little offended at the fact that you’re accusing him of cheating, but if you tell him all of this, he’ll understand where you’re coming from. I don’t know if this is true or not, but you need to tell him. It’s better to know now than later.”

I groaned in response to that. I know you’re supposed to have good communication with your partner but I didn’t want to lose him again, especially over this silly matter. I didn’t want him to think I didn’t trust him either, which is another element that’s needed in a healthy relationship. I hate this.

Rachel’s P.O.V.

I knew Steph wasn’t going to say anything. She was too scared, which I understand, but she shouldn’t be afraid of love, especially when she knows Harry inside and out because of their past. I didn’t want to meddle in their relationship, but if she wasn’t going to do anything about this, I took matters into my own hands. The only thing I was hoping for was to not make their relationship worse.

The next day, before Harry left for his session, I stopped him when he exited the cottage and explained the situation. 

“Okay, so I know you have to leave like right now, but I really need to talk to you about something,” I said, walking with him to the house.

“Okay,” he responded.

“Steph thinks you’re cheating on her,” I declared.

“What?!” he exclaimed, stopping in his tracks and facing me.

I nodded. “She saw the pics and everything.”

“Pictures?” he asked.

“The texts…” I tried.