Chapter 37

Stephanie’s P.O.V.

The thumps were getting louder and the squeaks wouldn’t stop, causing me to wake up. I wasn’t sure what was happening, but the moans echoed in my brain as I got up and slowly moved to Harry’s bedroom, pressing my ear against the wooden door. Someone was having some fun, but it was Harry’s room and I couldn’t contain myself and walked in.

There, on the bed tangled in each other, were Harry and that girl. I believe her name was Jade, although I couldn’t be too sure. The text flashed in my brain with her name signed at the bottom, her picture now a reality. The two stopped what they had started and stared right at me.

“Steph, get out of here!” Harry yelled, his hair in a sweaty mess. “Leave!”

The girl began cackling as she lay underneath Harry, attempting to turn his attention back to her. I quickly ran out of the room and closed the door, my heart tearing to shreds. How could Harry do this to me? How could he just continue with that girl even after he saw me? How could I have ever trusted him?

I raced down the hallway and back to the living room, where I was sleeping for that night. I sat down on the couch and buried my head in my hands, sobbing uncontrollably. I thought he cared about me. I thought he loved me.

“No!” I screamed, causing me to actually wake up this time. I jolted up from the couch and took in some deep breaths, looking around the room. Niall and Rachel were sound asleep on the other couch and Harry was sleeping right next to me, his body curled up where I was lying moments ago. All seemed fine and peaceful.

I leaned back against the couch while my heart calmed down. It was just a dream. More like a nightmare, though, but it was just that. It was all in my head. Besides, Harry would never cheat on me like that. He’s not that kind of guy and he will never be that guy, I will make sure of that. 

The sky seemed to be getting brighter, so I grabbed Harry’s phone from the table, which was the closest thing, and checked the time: 4:42. Good, I’ve still got plenty of time to sleep. But as I looked down at his phone again, I noticed that he received another text from an unknown number, and as I stared at the numbers, they looked familiar to me. Oh, no. Please no. Don’t do it, Steph. Don’t do it! But I didn’t listen to my conscience and I unlocked his phone.

She was at it again. She sent him a few more pictures of herself, this time in a bikini and sexy lingerie, her skin tan and perfect. She was beautiful, I’ll give her that, but why would Harry want someone like that? Why would he go for a girl who puts herself out there even though they’re not dating or anything?

“Hey, are you alright?” Harry’s voice asked, causing me to jump. I quickly turned off his phone and faced him.

“Yeah, yeah, I just had a nightmare,” I responded, setting his phone on the table. 

“Aw, baby, it’s alright. I’m here,” he yawned, opening his arms. I crawled into them and he threw the covers over us, giving me the feeling of protection. And as I snuggled into him, I realized that this is what she’ll never get. She’ll never know the feeling of just being there with Harry, just lying there doing nothing with his arms wrapped tightly around you just to let you know you’re his.

.

For the next few days, I began to get more and more paranoid. Harry was leaving for longer periods of time without the rest of the boys, but they kept assuring me it was for the band, although he started getting suspicious. He seemed a little more sneaky than usual and whenever I asked him about how the music and recordings were going, he just gave me the usual response of “okay.” He never went in depth about it or told me a story of the day, just “okay.” After a couple of days of that, I started freaking out and had to talk to somebody.