CHAPTER SEVEN

Mulai dari awal

"Well what's her name sweety," she asks. "Maria Black," I say. "Room 329 I.C.U," she says. I ran to the stairs and climb to the correct floor. I run until I get there. I was terrified to go in but I sucked it up and went inside. I first noticed the wires and loud beeping monitors.

Then I noticed my beautiful mother hooked up to the wires and monitors. Her once beautiful brown skin now pale and clammy. Her long curly hair, matted and tangled. I go over to her and crawl in the bed with her. A few moments later a doctor comes in and I sit up. "Well, hello there," he says smiling at me.

"Are there any adults with you today sweety?" he asks. I shake my head no. "Okay. Well, hun, we were able to stabilize your mom but she's in a coma," he says looking at me. "What's a coma," I ask embarrassed that I didn't already know.

"It's like she's sleep but can hear everything," he says. "When will she wake up?" I ask. " I don't know princess it could be months, days, weeks, or even years.

A couple of weeks later•

The lady that was with Dad moved in along with her two girls. They moved me to the basement. I didn't tell them that Mom was still alive and as far as they know, she's dead.

Dad has been treating me like trash and blamed me for her "death" but Stephanie was way worse than him. From then on my life was horrible until I was emancipated then I got a job and my own place.

That's when I met Lucas. He was a short guy with milk-white skin, blonde hair, and blue eyes. At first, everything was great. I thought we were on love right. Well, rookie mistake. I found him cheating on me with my stepsister's best friend.

He wouldn't let me leave him though and he became abusive until he finally got her pregnant and sent me packing. Not that I was complaining but I felt so hurt and betrayed. A short time after, me and Mal started our freshman year of college. We had known each other previously from pre-k to high school.

We were in class and got paired up for a project that honestly jump-started our company. We worked to buy the salon and when we did, we skyrocketed into fame but never got full of ourselves or too cocky and I still visit my mom once a month or whenever I can. A couple of years back I had her moved to a private smaller secluded room.

•Flashback over•

I didn't realize I was sobbing until Bleu started whining and nuzzled up against me. After a few minutes I realized I didn't feed him so I did.

When we were done with his "morning ritual" I grabbed my phone to see a missed call from Gabe.

I decided to call him back. "Hello," he says. "Hey," I say. "How are you beautiful," he asks me. "I'm okay and you," I ask. "I'm great. Are you ready for our date" he asks? "Yes, I am," I say coolly rushing to get an outfit out. "Okay sweetheart. I'll be there in thirty minutes" he says.

"Okay. Bye," I say. "Bye pretty girl, see you soon," he says and hangs up. I rush into the shower and wash. I get out and brush my teeth.

I quickly put on my lotion and outfit. I chose to wear a white body suit with thin straps, black dress pants, and neon yellow heels.

 I chose to wear a white body suit with thin straps, black dress pants, and neon yellow heels

I call Mal and ask him to come and watch Bleu until I got back. Gabe arrives five minutes earlier than he was supposed to. "Where are we going," I ask while Mal locks the door behind us. He leads me to his car. "It's a surprise, beautiful," he says.

We drive for 10 minutes and arrive at an arcade. My face lights up and we go inside. I love arcades they are so much fun. I feel overdressed though. We play every game and we even won a bear in the claw game. "Are you having fun?" he asks me nervousness in his eyes.

I nod my head so fast I thought it would fall off. "Of course I am. I love arcades and being here with you made it 10 times better," I say blushing.

He smiles and grabs me by my waist-pulling me closer. He rests his hand on my cheek and it was like we were the only people in the room. He stares into my eyes and then he leans closer and we kiss.

A soft but passionate kiss that lasted for two minutes. He pulls back and rests his forehead against mine and stares into my eyes.

I start blushing and he laughs pulling back. "Are you ready to go?" he asks holding my hand. "Yes," I say trying to calm my flaming cheeks.

When we reach my apartment we say our goodbyes and I kick Mal out so I could get ready for work tomorrow. I blush thinking about today. It was so amazing and I already miss him.

(rewritten)