Chapter 48 Candy apples and feelings

Start from the beginning

She nodded. "We've been on a few rollercoasters, eaten and now they're trying to eat candy apples."

Agreste was aggressively trying to bite through it, looking almost like a hamster trying to bite it's way through a wall.

Bourgeois wasn't doing much better but still accepted defeat with grace and a glare at the offending sugary item.

Lahiffe did manage to get through but Damien wondered what the guy's dentist would say later.

"The attempt doesn't look very successful." His angel laughs and Agreste and Lahiffe pouts.

"Can you eat these?" At the disbelieving stares Marinette offers him her candy apple, of which he takes a bite without problem.

The two guys just groan while Bourgeois smirks.

Time skip

For a few hours the five of them hang out.

Damian is sure he saw Dick try to get video proof earlier.

Without it people won't believe him.

Damian hadn't exactly been a kid when he came to live with his father. The League's training too deeply ingrained for him to just let go of everything he'd learned. He'd been a rude and vicious brat that caused many problems. Some that he still deeply regrets, like what he did to Tim. His older brother has forgiven him but Damian still feels shame about it.

But it's been seven years and Damian's learned a lot.

Bourgeois streatched and hummed. "I need to go to the bathroom, does anyone else?"

Agreste and Lahiffe nodded.

"Will you two be okay while we go?" Agreste asked Damian and Marinette.

Marinette nodded. "We'll be fine."

*************************************************************************************************

Marinette shivered as it got colder. It was becoming a bit late but Dick had told them that they'd stay to see the fireworks.

A weight settled on her shoulders as Damian gave her his jacket.

She blushed and looked at him.

He looked way more composed than she felt at the moment.

Marinette could definitely remember her crush on Adrien but this doesn't feel much like that. This feels... It feels nice, and she has butterflies in her stomach and she really really likes Damian.

But there's no way she can tell him that without making a fool of herself. She couldn't even talk to Adrien.

"I would like to take you on a date." Damian says the word date like it tastes strange in his mouth.

And he's also looking a bit embarrassed.

"I'd like that." She answers quietly.

And when Damian wraps an arm around her waist she's content to lean against his side.

She can feel him press a kiss to the top of her head.

Time skip

When the fireworks start Marinette feels like it's been the best day ever.

But of course it can't last.

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN~ THIS IS A ROBBERY- AHAHAHAHA~"

The Jokers laughter echoed all over the Amusement Mile and Marinette felt Damian freeze.

The big guys clad as some very bad imitations of clowns came through the crowd, of course heavily armed.

Damn it.

Marinette looked around discreetly.

Not far from her and Damian stood Chloe, the other teen also assessing the situation, a bit from her she could see Adrien coming back from a soda stand together with Nino.

She can just barely see Danny in the crowd currently being pushed around by the Jokers goons.

Hopefully Dick isn't stuck and can switch to Nightwing.

Maybe- Shit!

Marinette just barely kept herself from swearing out loud when she realized that Damian is stuck with them, which means he can't do much.

Okay, let's try thinking positively. There's Batman, Nightwing, Red Robin, Red Hood, Batgirl and surprisingly a lot more of vigilantes in Gotham. Marinette did find that funny considering that Batman used to say he worked better alone.

Now he's got what, 15 kids?

One of the goons had approached them from behind and took a steady grip on the back of both their necks.

That, Marinette can safely say she does not like. The neck is a vulnerable spot. One wrong move and you're dead.

"You two are good candidates."

And with that they both got a smack on the head hard enough to pass out.

Surprise!

I guess you can say there's two surprises in this one.

Damian asking Nettie out and Joker making his entrance.

You guys have no idea how badly i've wanted to write her meeting the Joker.

He is one of my favorite villains in all of DC.

Just a fair warning though, i will not be making him the kid friendly version. This will be the same insane manic that killed Jason. The one capable of anything he sets his mind to and willing to kill kids.

Oh man, i really like putting Marinette through a lot :/

It will probably take some time before the next update, if you want to know why then check out my message board. I don't really have the energy to put everything up here too.

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)