The Next Level

***************************************************************************************************************

Hey, Readers!!!! LAST CHAPTER!!!!!!! I've already written it on my notebook!!! And believe me, it's the perfect ending to this whole series!!!! ANyhoo, here's Chapter 15, ENJOY!!!!! :D

***************************************************************************************************************

Natsu P.O.V

I couldn't believe my eyes.

Was all this real?

Or was I just drunk from drinking too much wine? If it was a dream, then it was so realistic. The wind coming from the Igneel's wings blew hard, and I grabbed Lucy protectivley. Leaves were flying everywhere, as were petals and twigs. Igneel finally landed on the ground and lowered his head to where we were making physical eye contact. "It's been a while, hasn't it?" Igneel spoke.

I was speechless. After several years of abandonment, I had no idea what I cold say. Instead, I let my body do the talking.

I jumped on him, giving him a massive hug. "You're here!" I cried, sounding like a child on Christmas morning.

"Yes, yes. I am here." Igneel chuckled. His red scales felt so warm and comforting, it brought back memories of my childhood. I jumped off of Igneel's snout and asked, "Where have you been these years?! You left me without saying a single goodbye!"

"I know, and I'm truly sorry." Igneel apoligized, shoing sincerity in his giant yellow eyes. Suddenly, he wasn't looking at me anymore, but at something else. I turned around to see that he was looking at Lucy. Looking nervous, Lucy raise her hand and said, "Hi."

"Igneel, this is my wife, Lucy." I said proudly, loving to say the word wife before Lucy's name.

"I know exactly who she is, Natsu." He said. "It is a pleasure to meet you, daughter of Yuki the Water Dragon."

"You know my mother?!" Lucy gasped.

"How could I have not known her! She was the strongest woman I've ever seen!" He roared, having a hint of jealousy. I looked at Lucy, and her face showed a hint of happiness, making me smile. A sudden thought appeared in my head. "WHy now, Igneel? Why after so many years, you've chosen this day exactly?"

He looked at me and smiled, showing his sharp fangs. "Why, to give you and your bride my blessing."

"That's it? A blessing?" I asked.

"Natsu! That's a very big deal! It means he gives us permission to marry!" Lucy exclaimed silently.

"Well, Lucy, you are both right and wrong." Igneel told us.

Lucy's eyes widened. "So you don't want us to get married?"

"Of course I do! I'm glad your married! It's just that the word 'blessing' is different in Dragon terms." He  explained.

"Different how?" I asked.

"As your foster father, I have  the gift to enhance your powers as a Fire Dragon." He said. "And for Lucy, passed down from your mother to me, I have the gift to enhance your spiritual powers as a Water Dragon."

I looked at Igneel at amazement, then at Lucy. Her face was beaming with excitement, despite the fact her wedding dress was covered in leaves and twigs. "So does that mean we'll be even more powerful?" Lucy asked.

Igneel nodded. He slowly raised his head high and blew fire into my face. At first, I expected it to burn like hell, but it was the complete opposite. It felt natural, as if I was born like this. I felt magic surging through me, magic I've never even sensed before. When Igneel ceased his flames, I felt something inside me.