01 ⊳ HOUSE OF ARRIVALS.

Start from the beginning

Little did they know, that would be the last photo taken of Joy before her sudden disappearance, or else maybe they would have treasured the moment a lot more.

Taking the book that Fabian had been reading out of his hands, Joy briefly read over the title with confusion on her face, "The Theory of Computational Intelligence? A bit of light reading?"

Rolling his eyes at the girl, Fabian snatched the book back from her and pointed towards the cover, "Joy, just because it doesn't have Robert Pattinson on the cover, doesn't mean it's not worth reading."

"Eh, sounds fake." Sydney murmured, shaking her head at the nerd whilst she laughed.

Agreeing with the blonde, Joy made a face to tell Fabian that his statement was wrong – without Robert Pattinson on the cover, the book was not worth reading – causing the boy to sigh, standing up and picking up his and Joy's blazer as they noticed a taxi approaching the school, and being the nosy teenagers they were, they watched a blonde girl step out of in, admiration and bewilderment present on her face as she did so, taking a glance at the humongous school.

School – that's right, they had to attend that, and that became even more apparent as they heard the bell ring, signifying that they only had a ten more minutes before they had to be in class, or else they would most likely get a detention, depending on the teacher.

In this case, they had Mrs Andrews, and she would definitely give a detention to you for being late – or at least, to Sydney, who was a little bit of a troublemaker, so they were harsh on her to keep her as tied down as they could.

None of them particularly wanted detention, because that was even more boring than class itself (even though that seemed impossible at times), so they decided to make their way to class, with Sydney walking next to Joy and making small talk with the group until their conversation was cut off rather suddenly as the blonde girl from earlier bumped into Patricia, knocking her backwards a little.

"I'm so sorry!" The girl apologised, halting in her running for a second before she ran off again, clearly having somewhere to be.

With a perplexed expression on her face, Patricia watched the American run away before she turned to her friends and asked, "Who's the American?"

At that question, the three of them shrugged, never having seen the blonde girl before in their life, and they all simply forgot about the incident as they continued walking to their lesson, not knowing that the next time they would see the American, she would be an Anubis House resident.

As they opened the doors leading into the main school building, Patricia reached into her bag and pulled out a box set, passing it over to Joy as she exclaimed, "Oh yeah, look what came this morning."

A smile coating her lips at the sight, Joy took the box set from her best friend, letting out a small gasp as she did so, "Yes! BFF box set marathon tonight, Patricia?"

Of course, Sydney wasn't included in that, and she wasn't sad about it, nor did she expect to be. Whilst she was friends with Patricia and Joy, they were best friends, roommates, basically sisters, and absolutely inseparable. Just like Sydney was typically always spotted with Jerome and Alfie, that was the same for Patricia and Joy, with the two of them being joined at the hip. As she remembered the other two members of her trio, a confused expression appeared on her face as she glanced around, trying to find them.