Chapter 5

Someone nudges my shoulder pulling me away from sleep. I groan, my mind spinning in confusion, sitting up to see a pissed Xavier. The surroundings were farmiliar yet I couldn't remeber why.

When I finally realize where I am, I also realize how much trouble I'm in.

Well shit.

I gulp, scooting further from him. Of course I knew this would do nothing, but the space made me calmer. His eyes were shifting between black and there normal warming blue. With ragged breathing, he walks closer to me.

Each of his steps made my heart thump in anticipation. What would he do when he reached me? Scream? Hit me? I had no idea.

He stops, standing right infront of me, and squats beside me. I gulp again and try to sink farther into the cave wall. He inspects my face before taking my face in his hands. He was warm, much warmer than me, despite the fact he was dripping wet.

My clothes were still damp from the water fall, and I was shivering from the cold. I could feel the rough texture of lips rubbing against each other. If I wasn't alreay sick I will be soon.

I feel myself relaxing into his touch and enjoying his sudden warmth. Hold on, why aren't I burning up? My heat only started two or three days ago.

Sensing my confusion Xavier grits his teeth tightly and spits out, "You've been missing for five days. What were you thinking? I know by now you don't like the mate thing but this, this is ridiculous." He spins around waving his arms in the air to gesture the small cave.

"Five days?" I ask before he can start yelling.

"Yes five days, Rose, I've been going crazy looking for you. The whole pack has. This was terribly dangerous, Rose. Anything could have happened..." I cut him off again.

"Dont reprimand at me, this is your fault." I yell back.

"My fault, really." He roars. "I've been nothing but patient, but you, all you've done is run away and cause me stress."

"You don't have to worry about me, I can hold my own. You, you should just go and take care of your pack." I argue back. "Can't you see, this isn't what I want."

I felt my fight start to die down as I got weaker. I felt unexplainably light headed and tired. I wanted to go back to sleep.

A look of hurt flashes through his eyes before he shakes it off. I feel myself getting weaker and weaker, before I colapse. He lifts me up and pulls me close to him. "You don't have a choice little mate." I hear him whisper as I fade into darkness.

~~~

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

Not this shit again. I hear mumuring all around me, but my ears feel like they're filled with cotten. I could only hear bits and pieces of what they were saying.

I felt cold, very cold. However I couldn't move to warm up.

Slowly the life floods back into me, starting at my toes and working up. I twitch my fingers hoping whoever is talking will notice.

Soon my hearing is almost back to normal and I can hear the conversation. The heartrate monitor increases speed with each beep.

"What's wrong with her?" I instantly recognize the voice of my hate, making my heart speed up even more,

"It's her body waking up. You should know that her body will be malnourished and sore when she wakes up. It will be hard to retain heat or do much other than sleep for the next few days." I couldn't tell who the second voice was, but I new they were talking about me,

"When will she wake up?" Xavier's voice is weak and tired.

"Soon, hopefully, though we can't force her up. Like i said before she's too weak to be doing anything other than resting." I hear one of them leave.

A hand grabs my cold, fragile ones and I know I need to wake up. I'm not sure why, but I do. I feel my wolf weakly pushing to the surface, begging to be released.

Waking up is way harder than I would have expected. Each time I open my eyes slightly, they fall straight back shut, which proved to be very frustrating. I pull out eventually, the blinding light makes my pupils dialate.

I felt heavy and dead, like I'd been asleep for years.

"Rose." Xavier sighs.

He pulls me to his chest and I don't pull away from him, just sit there. It felt right being in his arms, but it also felt wrong. It's like this peice of you needs to be with your mate or else you feel cold and empty.

'A little like your heart.' Liv snickers

'If I could I'd smack you.' I growl at her.

Moving away from Xavier, I make space for him on the bed, cuddling up to his chest. He warmed me up and despite my deepest resentment of mates, I needed mine right now,

"This shouldn't have happen Rose." He whispers. "You should have never ended up in the hospital. You've been working yourself too hard. You're suffering from insomnia as well. How many hours do you sleep a night, four, five?"

I shrug my shoulders, I trained seven days a week for six hours everyday.

"It's not heathly." He adds. I know what he's saying is all correct, but you must understand this isn't something I did on purpose, no it just happened. I spent years training, and in those years training took over my life. Every aspect of it, even if I didn't want it to.

"It wasn't my fault." I weakly reply.

He knows I don't have anyone, he dug up the information himself. And it struck a nerve, how could he act as though I have anyone to stay healthy for. I have no one, no family, friends, no one.

I wiggle free of his grasp.

He looks shocked for a second before getting up and walkng out, understanding my need for space.

Tears prick my eyes and I let them. Stupid, stupid, stupid. I'm not even sure why I'm so angry, all he did was state facts.

For awhile I sit in self pity, until Dawson walks in several minutes later to do the whole docter procedure.

"How are you feeling Rose?" He ask happily.

"Like shit." I respond.

"As expected. You've had a weird past few days, but I'm sure the Alpha already told you."

"Told me what?"

"Well you've been asleep for the past three days now, dear. Oh, he didn't tell you, did he?"

"I've been what!" I screach at him.

"You've been way to tired dear. We were begining to worry something serious had happened. I'm not so sure how you could have been running on that sleep for as long as you have, especially since you haven't been eating enough. Will talk about that later though." I nod

"But for now, is there anything I can get you?"

"I need information on the rogue, Ivy."

The look on his face says it all, I won't like whats going to be reported to me. Nonetheless, he nods and leaves the room. I swear to God if something happened to her, all hell is gonna break lose.

I take the IVs out of my arm and head towards the bathroom. My reflections horrible. My hair is knotted and my skin is oilly and pale.

'You look like a vampire.' Liv teases.

'Then technacailly you do too.' I mutter.

I splash my face with the cold water and let the coldness seep into my face. When I look up I notice my bloodshot eyes and chapped lips. There was a faint blue tint to them as well.

I sigh, slagging against the counter. I take calming breathes for a minute, trying to calm myself down. I try to come to the realization that this is my new life, but I can't.

"Luna." A voice calls, making me jump up in suprise. "I have the information you requested."