Chapter 2- Daisies

Slender Man's P.O.V.

I wandered the forest, completely alone. All four of my proxies went all around the county, doing whatever they did.

Masky and Hoody both went to California together to locate a young woman who Masky believed had deep ties to communicating with Zalgo, Skully went to New York to kill the man who sexually assaulted and murdered her closest friend, and Toby went to hide in Colorado from a demon hunting him down.

They planned to meet up and get together after they were done, but for now, were seperate from each other as well as me.

Thinking back on my decision to let all three of them go off on their own was absolutely ridiculous. Now, where was I? Completely alone? Depressed? Bored and lonely?

There was so much out there, and if I had a face, I could see it all. Every last monument and art piece, from the ancient pyramids to Mona Lisa. The entire world was such a vast, beautiful place. Why was I the idiot stuck without a face sitting in a forest? How was that fair?

I paced around from one end of the forest to the other, my arms crossed. Occaisonally, to try to see what was out there, I climbed one of the pine trees and looked around, wondering if anyone was near by.

I crosses both my arms over and sort of hug her the tree just to stay on and look around. My feet stood on the stronger lower branches of the tree. The same damn view I'd seen every day. Nothing new.

No one was stupid enough to come into my woods. They knew I'd kill them, then impale them on one of the pine trees

But for some reason today, I wanted someone to walk in. Maybe so I wouldn't be sitting her alone looking off at the same thing I always did.

Well, now I was bored. I climbed down the thick branches, my thin unnatural fingers gripping on to each branch.

I turned my blank head to one side, then the other, looking around for any signs of life. I'd do anything right now for just some contact with another sentient being. Impatient, restless, and bored, and banged my head into the tree. Whack, whack, whack. It didn't hurt, but I didn't feel any better yet.

In silence, I sat there for a second before throwing a tantrum. I suddenly began ripping out roots with my tendrols, yanking leaves off of trees and throwing them at animals, and screaming unnatural wails of anxiety.

Only after that was I able to calm myself down and collapse onto the ground, breathing heavily. I don't know what that was, but it relieved something pent up.

Looking around, I saw that I crushed a small flower patch. I balled my hands into fists and breathed heavily. How could I have just destroyed so much of my beloved home?

Suppose I really couldn't have anything beautiful or nice near me, huh? If I did, I'd end up destroying it. Brushing my hand over the broken green stems of the daisies, I mourned the loss of something that wasn't even able to talk.

I shot up, hearing a voice. It's difficult to describe, but if I could, I'd say it was the voice of flowers. Delicate, gentle, soft, and definitely non-threatening. At least, to my knowledge, there was no way the owner if this voice could escape me. They were definitely female, and likely weak and small.

I lunged into the air, gripping the closest tree. Just to be sure, I would surprise her, leaving no room for escape.

When her small legs stepped into the clearing, I'll admit I was taken back a bit. The ordinary looking girl had an aura of wisdom and maturity. Other than that, nothing was too clear about her.

She was a caucausian female with freckles trailing across the bridge of her nose, swirling around her cheeks, and dotting her arms and shoulders. Metal braces with pink decoratives covered her slightly crooked teeth.

Not her chest nor her rear were very large, leaving a lot to be desired by most men. A blue scrunchy held up her sandy brown snake of a pony tail flowing all the way down to her mid-back.

Overall, I'd say she was physically very average. However, her voice was a melody that I wanted to hear more of. Could I really kill her right here and now?

Swiftly, she moved down to one specific tree where something had been carved in.

Being that I could probably tell if a leaf was moved in my forest, I'd obviously seen the picture before, and it made me sad.

Some idiot teenager had carved male genitilia on it, and now she was doing something. I couldn't make,out what exactly she was doing until she moved and I saw the sandpaper in her hand. The crude image was sanded away by her small hands.

Then, I realized, I couldn't kill her. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't bring myself to kill the small girl before me. She was doing something good for the place I lived in, and was likely never leaving. So, I just watched her fidget around in place for a minute, admiring her surroundings.

I can't kill someone who helps my trees, no matter how sick I am of looking at them.

When she left, I walked back, and found that her scrunchy had fallen out. I took it back and stared at it for a long time. It was like holding a small part of her. How did she not notice it fell out? I stretched it out and played with it in my hands. I'd have to find a way to thank her, somehow.