Pilot

"Please explain to me how in the sixteen years we've lived in Lima, not one of your friends have realized we are related?" Danielle marvelled after watching her twin brother help a few of his teammates throw another kid into the dumpsters of William McKinley High School.

"Because you're smart and I'm me," David simply responded, leaving his sister standing alone at the sound of the school day's first bell.

That same school day, Mr. Schuester pinned a sign-up sheet for the school's Glee Club. The old director, Sandy Ryerson, allegedly touched one of his students rather inappropriately causing his immediate termination and disbanding of the club until Mr. Schue decided to revive it. That day only five students signed their names to audition: Mercedes Jones, Kurt Hummel, Tina Cohen-Chang, Artie Abrams, and Rachel Berry. Five names that no one cared about, five names that have now signed their lives away to the social suicide devil. Or that's what every student at McKinley believed, including Danielle's brother when she told him about the club. Which in retrospect, wasn't her brightest idea because immediately after the topic had been brought up, David began to shove the two students currently writing their names and threw a slushie on the boy.

"Why do you choose to bully anyone different? That kid is in a wheelchair and the girl has a stutter, I think it's cool that they're involving themselves in the school's clubs," the blonde hummed, watching her brother throw his red letterman jacket over the back of his desk chair.

The burly brunette scoffed at the extremely open ended question, almost finding her need to ask the question stupid, "Oh, so you're interested in "Homo Explosion" now?"

The younger sibling challenged her twin, sizing him up as she sternly set her jaw at his rebuttal, "So what if I am? It's music, everyone loves music. And don't act like you don't sing, I hear you in the shower and while we're in the car. And you're not gonna take a shot at being good at something other than tackling another idiot because you're scared that people will think you're gay?"

David crossed the room, swinging open his bedroom door so forcefully it looked ready to leap from the hinges, "I'm not gay. Get out."

"I never said you were, Dav-"

"Get out right now, Danielle!" David bellowed at his younger sister, scaring her off his bed.

Danielle left his dark blue room filled with sports trophies and a model airplane hanging from the ceiling, turning to glare at her very different older brother, "The name is Dani, you ass."

Dani stormed down the stairs, passing her parents making dinner in the kitchen. They heard their kids yelling at each other upstairs and were concerned because their kids never fought, which most parents found odd for a set of fraternal twins of the opposite sex. Paul called after his daughter, seeing her walk directly past them in her fit of rage and toward their shed that sat in the backyard, "Everything alright, Dani?"

"Yep, just have to go practice," she curtly replied, slamming the backdoor loudly as she went to her safe haven.

Danielle was raised in an upper class family, to a set of parents who were overachievers themselves so when she and her twin brother, David, were old enough they had a choice to make, they could take private lessons for an instrument of their choice or they could join a club sport. David chose to participate in hockey and football, whereas the much smaller Danielle decided to learn to play the cello. While David grew up with the playing field as his home base, Danielle spent her time alone in their family's shed everyday for ten years to practice her skill. Dani tuned her pristine cello and began to play the piece she had been learning for her next recital.

David heard his sister playing from his upstairs bedroom, realizing that he needed to apologize to his only sibling before their neighbors filed a noise complaint. He knocked loudly on the wooden door of the old shed where his sister has spent most of her childhood, cutting off his sister's sound with the action. Within he heard the rustling of feet and decided to open the door. Only to slam the door into his sibling's nose as she came to let him into her sacred space, "Damn it David!"