Chapter 4: Brillo Heads and Alternative Friends

(Y/n)'s P.O.V

--------------------

In class, we were presenting projects. Currently, two girls were showing they're projects on bio-degradable products that help will help the earth.

"In conclusion, some products we use everyday cause algae to grow in lakes..." One of the girls said while poring a liquid into a beaker.

"Cutting off oxygen and disrupting the ecosystem." The other girl finished. She put a fish in the mixed liquid before her friend started talking again.

"So, what we've learned is that we must choose biodegradable products to help protect our environment." The girl concluded and her friend pulled the fish back out but it was only bones.

"Excellent report. Inspired visuals. Next team." Mr. Feeny calls. 

Shawn, Cory, and I stand up and walk to the board. Shawn pulls the board down while Cory and I stand on the other side.

"How air pollution affects our everyday life." I introduce.

"Excellent topic," Mr. Feeny says.

The three of us pull out our pointers and Mr. Feeny shakes his head.

"Denver," Shawn said. His pointer was on an ocean near Mexico. I moved his arm up to Denver.

"High atop the majestic Rocky Mountains, elevation-- 5,000 feet." Shawn said.

"Philadelphia," Cory said. His pointer somewhere up North. I moved his arm to Philadelphia.

"Lying low in the Delaware Basin 250 feet above sea level." Cory said.

"Well researched." Mr. Feeny complimented

"Denver," Shawn said and placed his pointer in South America. I moved it again.

"Clean crisp mountain air." Shawn said

"Philadelphia," Cory said slapping his hand in South America. I moved it again.

"Polluted industrial smog." Cory said

"Mile High Stadium," Shawn said throwing his pointer in another random place

"You know what? I give up." I say

"Home of the Colorado Rockies." Shawn continued

"Veteran's Stadium," Cory said.

"Home of the Philadelphia Phillies."

"Oh, here we go." Mr. Feeny said.

"(Y/n), take it away," Shawn said.

"The Rockies, a bogus expansion team mind you, are averaging four more runs per game than anyone in the league, because of their clean air. Our theory is that if Philadelphia would clean up its smoggy air, the ball would slice through the atmosphere with a greater velocity. Therefore, the Phillies would score more runs and win every home game. The end." I said. The boys and I put our pointers away and looked at Mr. Feeny.

"So, how'd you like our report?" I asked 

"Stinks," He replied

"Stinks." I repeated to the boys

"How'd you like my half?" I asked

"Relax Miss Matthews. I blame myself," Mr. Feeny told us

"You do? Cool!" Cory said 

Cory and Shawn high-fived and then we walked back to our seats.

"Yes. I let you choose your own partners. An astounding lapse of judgment for someone of my experience. I'm going to let you try again, but this time I'll choose the teams. Mr. Hunter and Miss Matthews, you'll work with, Mr. Minkus." When Mr. Feeny had announced that, the three of us had facepalmed.