Chapter 11: Oh no

After I 'accidentally' bump into that boy or my friend, Akihiko Imari. He decided to let me join him and his friends for lunch. Where he will be able to introduce me.

I was hesitant, of course, but then again I managed to meet half the people in my class. So why not?

So here I am, in line for 'Lunch Rush' to get my lunch. Imari was in front of me, glancing back at me every now and then. Making me smile.

The line wasn't too long. So Imari was able to get some kind of stew. And I hadn't decided on what I was going to get.

So, I decided to get a large curry since Imari recommended it. Since he believed it was an amazing dish. It looked good I got to admit, but the smell was so heartwarming and delicious.

Imari and I were walking to an empty table, when the bell rang. I looked towards the lunchroom entrance and saw all of these students coming in.

Some students just went to sit at a table while the others were already in line for 'Lunch Rush'. I was surprised that the line filled up so quickly.

I felt a nudge beside me, so I looked next to me and Imari was looking towards the line too.

"See. Students here enjoy their food. I certainly do," Imari complemented. I smiled and laughed a bit when he said that.

When I was about to eat my curry, I caught a glance of a familiar bird head not far away.

I turned my head toward the bird boy, where he was sitting in the corner with Shouji, Kouda, Ojiro, and the pervert.

Tokoyami was just sitting there eating a type of soup or chow mein. I stared at him while he broke a part of chopsticks and dipped it in his bowl.

He grabbed some noodles out of the bowl with his chopsticks and put it by the side of his beak. Where he opened his beak slightly and ate the noodles.

I couldn't help but think of how his features were handsome and mysterious. His feathers glistening from the glare of the light and his eyes are the perfect shade of red.

I immediately realized what I was doing and felt heat rising up to my cheeks. I put a hand over my mouth and glanced over to Tokoyami without turning my head.

But for some reason, I watched Tokoyami turn towards me. I quickly look away and the heat on my cheeks burn even more.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and it turns out it was Imari. Looking at me with curiosity.

"(Y/n)? Are you okay? Your face is all red." I quickly put my head down on the table and shook my head. Trying to convince him.

"I-I'm fine. Really." I quickly said. Imari looks at me, not really convinced by the way I sounded. But pushed no further.

I lifted my head up and stared at my curry, I couldn't wait any longer. I grabbed my spoon and dipped it into my food. I slowly brought it to my mouth and put the curry in my mouth.

The taste quickly filled my mouth. The taste was delicious and it was indeed amazing.

I closed my eyes, enjoying the taste. I look towards Imari, where he had a look of amusement on his face.

"Imari. Surprisingly, I have to say. . . you're right. The curry is amazing," I said. Imari just smiled.

"Well, I happen to be here long enough to know my food," he replied back. I nodded my head and continued to eat my food.

"No kidding," I commented. Then I heard a buzz. I tried to find where it came from but then I looked at Imari, he had his phone out.

'It was probably his phone that went off.' I thought. I continued eating my food. But after a few more bites, it was gone.