12 Minutes & 3 Hours - Pt II

Start from the beginning

"So your boyfriend -"

"Ex-boyfriend," She cuts in immediately. For some reason, it made his heart giddy. He tried his best to not move a muscle when she mentioned the word 'boyfriend' earlier at the station. Not that he's surprised to find that she's taken - of course she is, look at her! He would've been more surprised if she didn't have a boyfriend! Surprised, but happy - that's for sure. 

Then who was it that she said 'I love you too' earlier if she hadn't spoken to the guy for 10 days? Is that a normal amount of time to not be speaking to your girlfriend? He would know this if he paid enough attention to his friends' relationships. No, it was never an interesting enough subject for him. But he's dying to know now - what is the acceptable period of being silent in a relationship, since she was fine not hearing from her boyfriend for 9 days...

"So your ex-boyfriend didn't ask you to spend the holidays with his family?"

"No, he knows his mother never liked having me around,"

"And he just lets it?"

Wait, how is she shrugging like it's the most normal thing?! It's so absurd - I mean, he's still trying to wrap his head around why Lalisa's so hated by the mother that she's forced to be in this position now - but the boyfriend didn't even do anything and she's fine with everything?? Not that he knows everything about her, but she doesn't seem like the type who could hurt anyone. In fact, she looks like someone who'd actually get the beating. Even her sassy remarks didn't sound anything close to being rude! 

Maybe she talks a lot? He knew a couple of his friends' parents who always prefer a quiet, soft-spoken girls. Briefly, his mind wandered to his own mother. Would she like Lalisa? Jeongguk knows his mother enough to tell that she never liked the 'newscaster' type. You know...the prim-and-proper ones. The types that talk all perfectly as if there's a life-long script handed to them at birth.

Yes, his mother always appeared elegantly at events and in front of cameras - being the well-respected woman that she is - but at home she's always complaining and whining about it. She once said this 'fake' persona she had to put in front of people made her feel like a robot. Which is funny to him because clearly, his mother would fail at being one! The lady of the house just have so many questions and couldn't stop talking!

Yes...she would definitely love Lalisa...he could already picture the two sitting at his mother's favourite spot in the garden at the back of the house -

"Kook?"

"House?" Oh no.

"Huh?"

"What?" Oh fuck!

She started giggling. "Are you daydreaming about another hotdog? I've already ordered it -"

"No!" He started panicking. What the hell is wrong with you?? Where's cool Guk?! "I was just...uh...I was -" His hand reached the back of his neck.

"Relax..." She dipped her head a little. "I promise I won't tell anyone how much you love hotdogs kay?" Is she...smirking at him? Fuck - she looks hot!

"No, I wasn't -"

"Cute," She turns to the stall and waits to hand the money. She just said 'cute'! Did she think he looks cute? Cute is good, right? Cute could mean she finds him attractive, right? Dude...you just asked her to buy 2 hotdogs for you, you can't possibly think -

"Anyways," She turns back to him and handed another hotdog. God, he wished he never asked for it! "I was saying...there's this place on Instagram that looks nice. Hanbat Arboretum Tropical Garden...it's 7 minutes from here if we take a cab. You wanna go?"