12 Minutes & 3 Hours - Pt I

Lisa took a deep breath before catching herself in the mirror. Her cheeks and nose are slightly pink and her bangs parted unflatteringly across her forehead. She tried so hard to be optimistic and look on the bright side of things, but that news just brought a whole level of energy in her. Angry energy. 

No, no, Lisa's angry now but before she burst into tears in the public restroom at Daejeon train station, she was furious! How is she even connected to someone so mean in this world?! What was so wrong with her that she ended up being treated this way? Was she ever rude to them? Not that she could think of -

Her phone rang and she picked up upon seeing the caller. 

"Hi Chae,"

"Are you okay?? I've been calling you -" Chaeyoung's voice reflects that of concern and frustration.

"Sorry, I just read it,"

"Babe I'm so sorry! I wasn't sure if I should send it at first, but I don't want you to go there and ended up getting this shit thrown at your face - ohh I'm so mad right now, I could punch his face!!"

"Yeah...I mean...you did the right thing. Thanks,"

"What are you gonna do? How far are you now?"

"I don't know...I haven't -"

She halted her tracks when she locks eyes with the guy from the train, now standing up from the bench and walking towards her. He seems different now. When they were sitting side by side, Lisa thought he looked slumpy and young. She must admit that she tried hard not to stare at that handsome face spewing charming clapbacks at whatever she said! 

But now she could see how broad his shoulders are, and how tall he stood in front of her. That sexy, dangerous smirk is still there...

"Chae, I'll call you back," She hung up to the whining sound of her best friend. 

"Are you okay?" He dipped his head a little to her, looking like he's examining her face. "You cried?"

"Y-yeah," She cleared her throat a little...and her conscious. Stop looking at me like that! "What are you - where's the train?!" She gasped a little too loud at the empty tracks.

"It left,"

"Okay but then why are you here?!"

"Cus you left..." His hand reaches the back of his neck. She noticed now how he does that a lot. "I thought you'd wonder where the train is," Lisa gasped again, ready to smack the guy for thinking that she's a stupid bimbo who can't tell if the train had left when it's not there. "And also, cus you left this. I figured that it's important to you since you've been clinging onto it the whole way -"

Lisa grabs the package he had presented in one hand from his back. The package that had her anxious with mixed emotions for the past 2 days. The package that she convinced herself would be the start of better things, but now making her more angrier than ever. 

She stormed to the trash bin and wanted to throw it so hard to feel the satisfaction that at least she has this under control - but the bin's window is too small and it won't fit. Instead, it just fell on the ground. She picks it back again and tried shoving it in again, and again...and again...and -

"Okay, obviously it won't fit in there," His voice stopped her from the merciless stomping and grunting.

"Why are you still here?!"

He backs away a little and hold both palms up. "Okay...so I take it the link your friend gave was a bad one?"

"It's all your fault! You asked me to open it!"