Hey

Y/N's POV:

    I heard something from outside my window. "Help us! Help us please!" I know what it is. It's the two kids who live next door. To be honest, I didn't know anyone else was alive.

    I grabbed my phone, earbuds, and my axe. It was just a prop from one of my cosplays, but it was still sharp, and right now, it's all I got as a weapon. Even if these things can't die.

   I snuck out the door, closed it quietly. And that's when I heard it stop. The pleas. It stopped. I hoped that they were okay. I ran there, as fast as I could. They were across the hall from my room, but I'll help them. Whatever the cost.

   In the hall there was this, guy. No, a monster saying "Protein" over and over again. I knew him. I stabbed him in the eye once, I guess he got his protein, since it's back. I hid behind some debris.

   It passed, and I went unnoticed. I kept running, and I arrived at my destination. I opened the door. I saw a boy, around my age, calming them down. I smiled at the sight, I knew him too. Hyun Cha, he lived on the fourteenth floor if I'm not mistaken.

   He turned around and saw me. He said one thing "Hey". The kids ran to me and hugged me. They asked him "Can you save Y/N too? Please!". He agreed, and we were on our way.

   We reached the stairs, I was up ahead with the kids when I heard Hyun's foot steps stop. We asked him "What's wrong?" Then we saw his face. It was covered in blood. One of them asked "Are you turning into a monster?"

   "No, not yet" he replied. We kept going until "Protein..." We all heard it. Hyun told us to run, told me to bring them to safety. I'm not proud of it, but I ran with them.

                     *Le time skip*

    We were inside, safe. Then we saw Hyun and two others walk into the room. When they shut the door I told him "Hey".