Chapter 3

**There are some somewhat sexual scenes towards the middle/end of this chapter, but it's pretty much rated T for Teen

-

After retrieving the minimal amount of clothing you owned and putting it away, along with a photo of you and your family, you had introduced yourself to most, if not all of the rest of your new squad.

Since you had run across the building a handful of times, you had skipped lunch and was now regretting it, as you laid across Lauda's lap. He had immediately grown a fondness over you, but not in a romantic manner, more like a fatherly manner. He was currently stroking your unkempt locks, tangled from all the sporadic movement you did today without tieing it up. Stomach growling, you let out a small whimper of pain, curling tighter into a ball on Lauda's legs.

"For someone from the underground, you sure seem to need to eat a lot to be satisfied," Keiji muttered, annoyance showing through his voice as he lost another round of some card game to Nifa, who added another tally to her long list of wins against him.

"Well when you live above ground for a while, you grow accustomed to having food around so you don't go hungry." You snapped back at him, another sharp pain stabbing you in the gut, making you whimper.

"Hey, (Y/n), how long have you been in the corps for? You don't look like you're a day over twenty!" Nifa complimented, watching you sorely get up and nuzzle against Lauda's shoulder in a comforting way. You really hadn't had much physical touch since Levi left a while ago to join this death battle.

"Mmm... maybe four years now? I don't really keep track of that kind of stuff.." You pondered out loud, rubbing your forehead in an attempt to remember. 

"So that means you're about 19! Perfect!" Nifa exclaimed, clasping her hands together as she grinned the brightest smile you'd ever seen. Tilting your head slightly, you questioned what she meant by 'perfect', but brushed it off as Molbit and Hanji walked into the room, more papers in hand.

"Erwin wants everyone in the cafeteria in thirty minutes, says it's an important announcement and dinner is supposed to be served early too," Molbit said, stopping in front of the chessboard as Hanji proceeded into her office of sorts, the door slamming shut behind her, spooking you.

"Someone seems to be in a bad mood," Rashad commented, watching Molbit take a seat next to you.

"She is. Apparently there have been sights of titans wandering around at night near the walls. There was an expedition to go out and search the exterior walls for any new breaches in a few nights, but we can't really because of these new titans." Molbit explained, letting out a sigh before running a hand through his hair.

"Isn't the rest of Levi's squad supposed to return from Sina soon? I heard Eren got fucked up again." Keiji snickered.

That name was familiar to you, but you couldn't place where you remembered it from, so you just shrugged it off. Thirty minutes seemed too long to wait, and the bickering in the common room was getting too much for you to handle, so you slipped into Hanji's office.

Exhaling softly, you looked around her office, taking note of a few liquid-filled viles on her desk and bookshelves, and numerous papers and books scattered among the floor and couch.

"Oh... (Y/n)... I didn't expect you to come in here." Hanji murmured, eyeing your figure. 

"I came to see if I could be to any assist of you and work. Maybe even cleaning up a bit?" You teased, watching Hanji blush.

Stunned by your cute expression, she just nodded, which you took as an invitation to start de-cluttering the room. You were shocked that Levi hadn't come in here before and do all of this. Hanji watched you analyze the room before you started on the couches, removing and closing all the books and files before stacking them neatly on the couch. Next, you did the same with the floor around you, stacking and putting piles of paper together. Nothing was better than a clear walkway, and maybe fresh air.