Chapter 6: Green Valentine

Luan Loud looked at the two skirts in the bathroom mirror. "Why can't I make these kind of decisions in time? Leni and Lola would have picked an outfit days ago."

It was Friday night and Luan was about to go on a big date. Maybe the biggest yet.

Two tickets to the comedy fest? Those aren't cheap.

Benny would have had to call in quite a few favours to make that happen. And Luan figured out why.

It was their one year anniversary. A big milestone for a new couple.

"Move aside Luan! I have a hair emergency!" Lola pushed past her older sister and started spraying her golden locks. 

"Lola! I need the mirror!"

"I'm not going outside with split ends."

Then Leni came in, "Hey guys? Have you seen my toothbrush?"

"Was it the one Lana was using to scrub her turtle?"

Leni gasped and ran out of the room. Singing could be heard from the shower. "Dudes? Could you keep it down?"

"You keep it down! I can't get my hair correct with you singing!"

"GUYS!" Luan barked, "Could you give me five minutes alone? I have a big date with Benny and I need to get ready."

Lola made a noise of contempt. "Benny's fine with however you look. He's not the type to notice that sort of thing."

"This is different. It's out one year anniversary-"

Two ear piercing shrieks of joy rang out.

Luna stuck her head out of the shower and Lola turned with a gasp. "Oh my gosh! Your big one year dataversery?! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!" Lola shrieked

"Congrats dude! What are you wearing?" Luna wiped the suds from her eyes.

"That's just it, I can't decide. I want to look good but its a comedy show. Does this look too dressy?" Luan held up one outfit, "or should I go more casual?"

Lola Loud clucked her tongue. "No, no, no. Sweetie. Take a seat." The seven year old lowered the toilet seat and plopped Luan in it. She then took the outfits and tossed them out the door.

"GUYS! LUANS GOING ON A DATE AND NEEDS ADVICE!" Lola's voice rang throughout the house.

No response.

"ITS HER ONE YEAR ANNIVERSERY WITH BENNY!"

The house shook as seven girls raced to the bathroom at top speed. The pictures fell off the walls.

..........................

Benny looked at his watch. He had arrived at the royal woods comedy fest at five forty and it was now six ten. He had been fashionably early and Luan was once more fashionably late.

Which, given the size of her family, was not unexpected. It takes the louds a while to get out the door.

"Hey Benny."

She was worth the wait. Luan was dressed in a very stylish yellow dress with white high heel shoes. Her hair was curly and styled in waves and she was wearing just a little bit of lipstick.

Not too over the top but definitely above average. Benny had dressed casually, with a black T-shirt that had a talking banana on the front. It made him feel under dressed for the occasion. The only thing he could really say was...."Wow."

Luan blushed. 

"Uh, I guess we should head in now?" Benny gestured to the front door.

"That aPEELS to me. haha. Get it?" She said pointing to his shirt.