~Chapter Fourteen: I'm Helping~

Start from the beginning

   "I don't wanna know what made these tunnels."

   "Judging by the circumference of the tunnel walls-" C-3PO starts.

   "I said I didn't want to know."

   "Is that a speeder?" Finn asks. He walks over to the remains of a speeder.

   "What? An old one," Ben responds.

   "Perhaps we will find the driver!" C-3PO tells them. BB-8 chirps.

   "Yep, BB-8, I think dead too," Poe says walking through the tunnels.

   "A common emblem of Sith loyalists!" C-3PO says pointing to the hood decoration on the speeder.

   "Sith," Ben says.

  "This was Ochi's?" Finn asks.

   "Luke sensed it. Ochi never left this place."

   "And he ended up down here."

   "He was headed for his ship. Same thing happened to us, happened to him," Poe responds.

   "So, how did Ochi get out?" Finn asks.

   "He didn't," Ben says walking over to a pile of bones. Ben reaches down and grabs something from the sand. He recognizes the blade. "Horrible things have happened with this," he whispers.

   "There's writing on it," Poe points out.

   "Perhaps I can translate. Oh. The location of the wayfinder, has been inscribed upon this dagger. It's the clue that master Luke was looking for," C-3PO says holding the blade.

   "And? Where's the wayfinder?" Ben asks.

   "I'm afraid I cannot tell you."

   "20.3 fazillion languages, and you can't read that?" Poe asks.

   "Oh, I have read it, sir. I know exactly where the wayfinder is. Unfortunately, it is written in the runic language of the Sith."

   "So what?" Ben asks.

   "My programming forbids me from translating it."

   "So you're telling us the one time we need you to talk, you can't?" Poe asks.

   "Irony, sir. I am mechanically incapable of speaking translations from Sith. I believe the rule was passed by the Senate of the Old Republic-" C-3PO gets cut off when the group spots a giant sand worm. "Serpent! Serpent! Serpent!"

   Ben forces the weapons of his friends down. He holds his saber to Finn. Finn takes it holding the light source. Ben slowly paces over to the giant sand worm. It growls at him. Ben steps over the first layer of the sand worm's tail before reaching the next. He steps over the next layer and stops before the sand worm. He kneels down, turning to see the injury on the worm's body. Ben's mind races, he lifts his head. Y/n had healed his bruise maybe he could do the same.

   Ben reaches his hand out placing it on the wound before closing his eyes. When he opens his eyes the worm is healed and moves out of the way. Ben rubs his palm, gently.

   "What was that?" Finn asks.

   "I don't know, I saw someone else do it and figured I could too," Ben replies.

   "Who did it," Finn stops in front of Ben handing him the saber.

   "Y/n," Ben smiles lightly at his friend.

   "Y/n? Who's that?"

   "Kylo Ren."

   "What made her heal something?"

   "I don't know. She saw my bruise on my head and healed it."

   "She healed you?"

   "Yeah, crazy right." Ben and Finn walk out of the hole the worm was blocking. Y/n's mask still in Ben's hands.

   "Why are you holding onto her mask?" Finn asks.

   "I'll tell you when we're alone. It's apart of that whole other thing."

   "We cannot possibly fly in that old wreck," C-3PO says.

   "We gotta keep moving. Find someone who can translate tat dagger. Like a helpful droid," Poe says.

   "I suggest we return to the Millennium Falcon at once."

   "They'll be waiting for us at the Falcon!"

   "Yeah, they'll throw us in the Pits of Griq," Finn says.

   "Yeah. And use you as a target droid."

   "You both make excellent points, at times," C-3PO says. Ben stops, turning to the desert landscape.

   "What is it?" Finn asks.

   "I'll be right behind you. It's okay," Ben says walking back down the hill. Ben stands in the sand, mask in hand as he hears a ship coming towards him. Ben knows that it's a first order ship. When the ship rounds the mountain. He sees it's a tie fighter. 

   "Ben! Ben! They got Chewie!" Finn yells from feet away. Ben reaches to his saber pulling it out and turning it on. The ship stops and Y/n walks out. Ben holds out his hand trying to keep the ship from leaving. He pulls his hand down and tries to get it to land. Y/n reaches out as well trying to get it into space. They both push harder. Lightning crackles at her finger tips, hitting the ship making it explode into flames. She takes a few steps back before turning her head to Ben.

   She walks over to him, "I didn't mean to," she whispers.

    "I know. It's okay." Ben hands her the mask.

   "Why have you been holding on to this?"

   "You'll find out soon, Princess," Ben says.

   "Ben! We gotta go! They're coming!" Finn yells at the other male. Y/n turns to Finn.

   "The trooper. Listen Ben, I know that there is a spy. And I know that they are giving you information."

   "Really? I didn't know that," Ben replies.

   "I'm trying to help you," she responds a smile on her face. "Go, get out of here."

   "Really?" Ben asks, confused.

   "Yes, please leave," she stands close enough that Finn couldn't see that she was holding Ben's hand on the other side. "Don't go after Palpatine, he will kill you. Go back to your mother. I'm doing my best to keep the First Order away from you. If you try to go after Palpatine, we will have to fight. Please, go back to your base. Have a nice life, Ben Solo."

   Ben watches as she walks back to her ship her mask in hand. Finn and Ben run to board the ship. Y/n sits watching as they take off.