Chapter_(2)

A girl was running in the meadow laughing.Behind her was a boy who is chasing her.She ran as fast as she could while in between glancing back.

Finally he got hold of her.He started tickling her and she was laughing her heart out.Her laugh was soothing melody to his ears.

"Sto....p st...op stoooopp. Plea... please." Her words were cracking due to her uncontrollable laugh.He stopped and stared at her captivating russet brown eyes.It was filled with purity and innocence.Her eyes itself symbolises her character.

Suddenly out of nowhere grey smoke surrounded them.She dissappeared.He was searching for her.But she is nowhere to be found.She is gone.

Shaan woke up with heavy breaths.He was sweating in spite of air conditioner.He was continuously chanting her name.He felt suffocated.He quickly climbed out of the bed and opened the slide door and entered the balcony to have some fresh air.The midnight cold breeze brushed past him.His breath became stable.He just kept staring at the night sky and a tear rolled down his face.Yusha loved night sky.He remembered her exact words,'This starry dark night lay out warmth and peace to the souls'.Now he is experiencing it.He is missing her so badly.He is missing her holding his hand when he was upset.He is missing her soothing voice which is a melody to his ears.He is missing her affectionate forehead kisses which he loved.He is missing her embrace which calmed him and took him into a world of serenity.

After few minutes he went back to his room and looked at the time.It showed 3:30 a.m.He lets out a big sigh and decided to do some office works inorder to escape from nightmares.

*****

Alarm rings at exactly 5.30 a.m.Shaan who was working took his phone and stopped the alarm.He got out of the bed and prayed fajr and then got ready for office.He wore a black textured slim fit suit and put on his black audemars piguet wrist watch which was gifted by Yusha.He descended downstairs.He was not feeling hungry so he decided to skip his breakfast.He was moving towards the door when a voice stopped him.

"Shaan..."

"Yes mumma." He turned to face his mother,Zaida.

"Breakfast??" She asked with concern lacing her tone.

"No mumma.I'm not hungry.Bye." he was about to leave when again Zaida called him.

"Yeah??"

"Have breakfast and then go." Zaida said with a finality in her tone and left.From her tone itself he knows that she will not take no for an answer,so he decided to have breakfast without any arguments.He moved to the dining room and found Zara missing.He was about to ask when his eyes fell on Zara who entered the room just now.He served himself some pancakes and decided to go with nutella.When his eyes fell on nutella at first,he recalled Yusha who was crazy for nutella.She always used to say that nutella is her second love,obviously Shaan is her first love.
He finished his meal and about to leave when his father,Mr Alam called him.

"Yeah dad"

"Can you drop Zara at hospital? Her car is under repair."  Mr Alam asked Shaan.Shaan looked at Zara and saw her giving a dissapproving look.Before he could reply,

"No dad.No need I can go by myself." Zara said while shaking her head.

"Ofcourse yeah dad.I can drop her." Shaan replied his dad,ignoring Zara.

"Zara...Go with him." Mr Alam said sternly.Zara just nodded,she wouldn't dare to argue with her father.She got up and went to her room to grab her bag.

Shaan climbed on his car and waited for Zara.When he saw Zara approaching the car,he opened the passenger seat door for her.She ignored it and climbed on the back seat of the car.Shaan shook his head and closed the passenger seat door.The drive was filled with awkward silent.This is totally foreign to him.Zara and Yusha were nonstop chatterers.Whenever they are together,no one could stop their banters.They both always team up against Shaan.Everytime Shaan used to pretend like he is irritated but internally he really enjoyed their bickerings.Their bond was laudable.Now everything has changed.They are no longer the same Shaan,Yusha and Zara they were once used to be.He really miss those days.Not only him even the other duo too.