15| admiration for you

third person pov 

--- 

Oikawa and y/n watched the game from the bench. The poor boy y/n met earlier, who she learned was Hinata, had completely given into the pressure. He even ran into the referee stand once. She felt bad for the orange-haired boy. "Have you ever seen him play before?" she whispered to Oikawa. The boy shook his head then pointed to another ravenette on Karasuno's team. "I know him though. That's Tobio-chan."

"Ohhhh." y/n muttered. Yes, she knew who he was, but she never actually knew what he looked like. The setter beside her chuckled quietly to himself for a second. "What's so funny?" she questioned as Aoba Johsai scored another point. It was now 24-13 in the first set, their school in the lead. 

"The orange-haired boy looks like a shrimp. Chibi-chan!" the brunette explained which caused y/n to smack the back of his head with her clipboard. He whined and rubbed his head while mumbling incoherently. "So rude, y/n-chan."

"He has a name." she said through a tired sigh. "Hinata Shoyo, he's a first year." 

"Doesn't ring a bell." 

Then, as luck would've had it, it was Hinata's turn to serve, while Seijoh was at set point. Karasuno's whole team seemed to accept defeat right then and there. The shaking boy just stared at the ball, then jolted when the whistle blew. He served immediately, but the thing was, it didn't hit his hand correctly. The ball flew directly into the back of Kageyama's head and the whole gym fell silent. 

Well, almost the whole gym. "Pft-!"  y/n slapped a hand over Oikawa's mouth before he was able to start laughing. Iwaizumi shot a look at his best friend like he was telling him to shut up or he would beat his ass. 

The referee blew the whistle, signaling the end of the first set. The team came together for a brief moment to grab water and take a three minute break until  the next set started. "Well done, you guys." y/n said with a smile. "Not like there was much competition." Makki muttered before taking a swig of water. The girl shot him a look. "That could change, you know. If Hinata pulls himself together then you never know." 

"Who?"

"The orange haired boy."

Makki just looked at her with raised eyebrows then pointed over to Kageyama and Hinata. The ravenette was looming over Hinata, and he looked like he accepted death right then and there. 

"You really think that's gonna happen?" Mattsun questioned as he sat down beside Makki on the bench. y/n nodded, looking a little unsure. She then waved her hands and said "Okay, whatever the case is, you guys are gonna put in 100% effort. Alright? If you don't, that'll be an extra hour of conditioning." 

Makki, Mattsun and Iwaizumi, who just now joined them, stiffened and nodded. "Yes, ma'am." the red head said and threw a lazy salute. Oikawa pointed at the three boys teasingly. "Have fun with extra conditioning!"

"That includes you too, Oikawa." the girl responded bluntly. The setter gasped dramatically and was about to speak when y/n cut him off. "You're apart of the team too. Are you not?"

The boy frowned and reluctantly agreed with her. She clapped Iwaizumi, Makki and Mattsun on the back and reminded them of her threat as they went into the second set. 

As y/n and Oikawa sat on the bench again, the boy crossed his arms and huffed. The girl sighed, already knowing what was coming her way. "What is it." she asked, jotting down some notes as Yahaba went to serve. 

"Can I go in~"

"OIKA-"

"Not like that!" the boy shouted, which earned the two a warning look from the coach. "I wanna serve." he said sadly and looked at the h/c haired girl with large eyes.