『 C H A P T E R 4 : TEST 』

Start from the beginning

"Well haven't you ever heard? If you want to do what your enemies are doing, you have to learn everything about them. From their strengths to their weaknesses. Just... Everything..."

"Meaning?"

"Instead of trying do it ourselves, let's look for Jean and learn through watching. If we just flying around nearby him we ought to find a way on how to do so. In fact, that guy had first disappeared somewhere else pretty quick, as if he knew the prefect place he could be to polish his techniques." Ireen mumbled out loud. In the midst of their discussion, a crunching sound was heard as everyone's eyes turned to the other girl, whom currently munching on her snack.

"Sasha.... Where did you get that? Isn't that energy bar? The canteen didn't distribute to us, didn't they?" Connie asked, in surprise.

"Nope. She stole it." Ireen butted in.

"What? How??"

"How what?" Another crunching sound was heard as this time round, Ireen was munching on hers.

"Why do you have it too, Ireen???!!!" Connie snapped.

"Let say... I have found a partner in crime and have been working with her together..." Ireen casually said as she wrapped her hand over Sasha's shoulder. However, due to the obvious difference in height, Ireen looked funny as she had to tip toe.

Sasha simply "ehehehe" at that statement.

"I can't believe you two." Connie sighed. "You guys... Don't have an extra, do you?"

"Pay up."

"Stinky."

"Shut it, baldy."

"It's shaved head!"

"I see no difference..."

"Y-you......"

Sasha and the other cadet simply minding their own business as Ireen and Connie had a little spat. With the trio acted casually with each other, the cadet didn't find himself fit in a place at the moment. He started to think that he should leave and resume his training again.

"..... Then, what are your decision?" The cadet snapped when Ireen asked a question.

"I'm sorry, you were saying?"

"I was saying if you want to join us searching for Jean and learn from him his advanced technique. Do you want to come with us?"

"Ohhhh... It's fine. I would like to continue training on my own. After all, unlike you guys, I am yet to master even the basic of using this thing. I am still wavering slightly. I need more time before I could go for an advance technique." He solemnly said. Ireen hummed in response.

"The pre-test on using this 3D Maneuvering Gear is in coming two weeks right?" Sasha voiced her concern out of nowhere.

"Yeah... The instructor said he will prepare some obstacles and ambushes to see our ability in reeling and avoiding and all..." The green orbs casted sideways to meet with brown one. Clearly, they were worrying if the cadet in front them was ready for the test or not, for they didn't wish him to be sent back to the reclaimed land. 

"Well, if you need help, we can help you," Connie offered. But immediately dismissed by Ireen.

"Focus on yourself first, Connie, then you can worry about others."

"Huhhhh??"

"You would have to stop hugging a tree whenever you come to a stop before you could lend a hand to the others."

"Are you telling me to ignore our friends when they need help?"

"Connie, you are missing Ireen's point", Sasha spoke after a while. "Ireen is basically saying, if you yourself not sure on how to operate this device, then don't go teaching others. Because what you are not sure could be a problem to others instead of a help."