Back

"Wow, great adventure." Nicole's energy went down the drain after realizing going down the different hallway could end you up in a fight.

"Hey it's not my fault you tripped and knocked your drink all over that girl." I tried to not laugh at her.

We were both walking down the hallway when Nicole tripped over nothing on the ground while her gatorade pored down the victim's shirt. Nicole ended up getting soaked as well after a little argument with the chick. "Go clean yourself up. I'll wait out here." I motioned my hands toward the bathroom while I waited by the water fountains.

*Toodle bloop bop bleep*

My phone went crazy with a new text.

From: Dana

Hey!!!!!! You and Nicole hurry up and get to lunch! What's taking y'all so long?

I closed the text not wanting to reply. I gave up texting a while ago. It was just to much for my thumbs to go through.

"Hey Madison."

My breath stopped. Slowly I turned hoping it wasn't who I thought it was. But there he was standing in front of me with that perfect single dimple and those brown eyes that any one would just melt into.

"Hi.." I tried forcing I smile on my face.

*Flashback*

"So you're saying you never want to find love? What kind of sad person are you?" I laughed and hit his arm playfully.

"I just don't like people to overcome me." He kept his eyes on the wall while he tried thinking of a better answer.

"I'm confused. Overcome you? Its love Clayton. It's not suppose to bring you down and the other person be on top. It's an equal feeling." I turned my head towards his trying to see what he was thinking.

"I just don't want my feelings to be so strong that it overcomes what I think of myself." His eyes finally met mine and for a moment neither of us said anything.

"Well," I sat up from the table we were laying on. "I bet when you're older those things you just said won't even cross your mind. Everyone needs love." I smiled and walked out the door leaving him to think.