16. Hope

CHAPTER - 16 (Not edited)

LOVE IS... HOPE

'Love lives on hope and dies when hope is dead.'

Day - 6

Stephanie - the beautician was in her best form on the day of Seth's wedding. She had made sure that I wore a dress to the wedding and not something else. I really didn't know what she expected me to wear? I wasn't going to wear my formals or casuals or pajamas or worse, a bikini to a wedding. Of course, I had planned to wear a dress, but she created a huge hype out of it. After a lot of negotiations, we settled with the dress I had originally thought about wearing. It was sky blue colored, one shouldered dress with a slit on the left leg. I loved it. I had last worn it about a year ago at one of my friend's wedding. So, I liked to call it a 'wedding dress'. It was perfect for this occasion.

I simply blow dried my hair, much against Steph's wish of tying my hair in a side-low bun which she said was very 'in' these days. As the hairstyle and the dress were of my choice, Steph had decided not to listen even a word I said about the makeup. Thankfully, Stephanie had settled with light, natural makeup which made me adore my entire look. I didn't want any kind of attention at this wedding. I really didn't. I was attending it just because of Seth, who was quite close to me.

"I can't believe that he agreed to go with you," she commented. "I mean, I did ask him to accompany you but he refused. And now that you asked, he grabbed the opportunity." She chuckled at the end as if enjoying this one sided conversation.

"He-" I started but she cut me off.

"Shut up! Don't say even a word. You'll ruin the lipstick," she scolded while giving the final touches to my made-up face.

"I-"

She cut me off again and hissed, "Shut up, Lia! You know you have a terrible habit of eating your lipstick. How do you even do that?"

"I don't do it intentionally," I mumbled lightly. She narrowed her eyes at me and I continued, "Don't give me that look. It's not like I'm going to keep quite the entire day just for the sake of this stupid lipstick."

She smiled slightly and continued doing her work. She looked happier today; a lot better than she did the day before. She still hadn't talked to Shane and according to recent information that she had given me an hour ago, she had decided to take a break from him. I just hoped that this break would last longer than their last break had lasted.

Very evil of me, I know. But Shane was really not good for her.

"Where were you last night?" I asked her once she was done with the final touch ups. "I tried to call you but you never answered."

She smiled a huge smile and answered, "I was out for a dinner with..." She paused suddenly, and I raised my eyebrows, motioning her to continue. She sighed, finally giving up and said, "I'm not supposed to tell you his name."

My eyes widened and I yelled at her, "You went out with Shane?"

Her eyes widened as well as she protested herself. "No way! I told you I'm breaking all ties with him."

I sighed in relief. "Then you went out with whom?" I pried, narrowing my eyes at her playfully.

Her lips curved a bit in a smile and she answered, "Ashton's best friend."

A gasp escaped my lips and my eyes widened, yet again as I asked in disbelief, "You went out with Jacob?" Jacob was the last name he had introduced himself as when he had visited my apartment two days back.