1. A Compulsion

Dedicating this chapter to my first friend on Wattpad, Jerace2, you're awesome girl and I love you so much. Do check out her stories. She is a sweetheart. :) <3

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER - 1

LOVE IS... A COMPULSION.

Day - 1

'Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead.' - Oscar Wilde

'Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.' - Aristotle

'Where there is love, there is life.' - Mahatma Gandhi

'I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.' - Martin Luther King, Jr

My eyes wandered to a few of the many love quotes that were so wonderfully decorating my office walls; the quotes that I, myself, had written onchart papers and pasted on the board; the quotes that used to make me feel so happy and giddy, almost four months back; the quotes that were the very source of all the negativity inside me now; the quotes that I so badly wanted to tear off from here.

With lightly clenched jaw, I took steps towards the board and, just as I raised my hands to take out the pins of the first chart, a very familiar voice reached my ears. "You're not doing that..." My hands formed into a fist and I turned to look at my best friend, Stephanie Wills, who was eyeing me with a frown on her face. Once she knew she had my attention, she added, "...again."

I eyed her perfect olive skin and brown eyes for a moment, and shot a sarcastic smile towards her. "Give me one good reason as to why I shouldn't do it?"

Somehow, she found my question funny as she grinned while entering my office cabin and said, "Because that would badly affect your image."

I quirked my eyebrows at her and folded my arms across my chest. "And you think I care about that?"

She rolled her brown eyes at me and sat down on the chair opposite me. "You and I, very well know that you do care about this job." Just as I opened my mouth to interrupt and, thereby, correct her, she stopped me by showing me her hand and continued speaking, "Okay, okay. You care about the contract that is so badly binding you with this job." I nodded in agreement, unfortunately, and sat down on my comfortable seat. "What I'm trying to say is that removing these quotes from here would be a bad impact on your mind and heart, Liana."

"You think that removing these would leave a bad impact on me?" I asked, slightly chuckling in disbelief. "The truth is that having these here..." I motioned my arms around, showing my office, and continued, "... is having a very bad impact on me."

She sighed heavily and rested her hand over my hand on the table. "Liana, I know how you feel about this break up, but girl, you really need to be strong. It has been four long months."

"Oh, please." I sighed exasperatedly. "I'm so over that bastard." What in the world was the need to mention him now? How the hell was my hatred towards love anyhow related to him?

"Keep telling yourself that," she mumbled and I shot her a glare. "Whatever, let's go to this new club tonight," she said excitedly as she tried he best to change the topic. "I wanna get drunk," she sang at the top of her voice, forgetting the premises we were in.

A slight smile appeared on my face as I noticed her attempts and I said, "You know, I don't drink, Steph."

She grinned when she knew that she had managed to make me smile like every morning and said, "You got highly drunk and stupid four months back." She wiggled her eyebrows at the end and I, playfully, slapped away her hand.