CHAPTER 36

"Park Seonghwa!"

'Who's calling me?'. Slowly Seonghwa's eyes fluttered open. As his vision was getting clear, he saw Hongjoong's was crying like a madman. 'What is happening?'. He turned his head to the side and saw Wooyoung, Yunho and Yeosang were crying too.

"Thank God you're awake!" Yeosang said in between his sob. "Hang in there! I already call the ambulance. Thank God we found you,"

A few minutes ago, Hongjoong was driving so fast that they almost hit a car but he managed to dodge. They stopped their car when they saw a few cars stopped at the front and some people came out of their car. Hongjoong knew something was not right as he sprinted out of his car towards the crowd. The others followed him from behind. Their eyes widened in shock when they saw Seonghwa was lying on the ground. His body was covered in blood.

Seonghwa could taste the coppery blood pooling in his mouth. His body started to feel every sort of pain. He could feel the aching and cracks in his bones. Each crack felt like rocks were burrowing into his skin. He sucked in cramped air, feeling his lungs caving in on themselves. He brought a hand to his stomach where it pained the most. He looked at his palm and saw blood covering it. It just came into his mind that he got into an accident and he was now lying on Hongjoong's lap. He saw few people crowding him and his friends, whispering at each other with worry etched on their face.

Yunho held his bloodied hand and he looked as if he was trying to say something but the words stuck on his throat. He covered his mouth with his hand as he was trying to muffle his cry. Seonghwa suddenly coughed and blood spluttered out of his mouth.

"Shit, he's getting worse. Where the hell is the ambulance," Hongjoong's cries were getting louder.

"Hongjoong..." Seonghwa called Hongjoong with his weak voice. "You're right about it," he paused as he tried to suppress the pain that grows inside him. "I should have told her early. I messed up everything,"

Hongjoong didn't say anything as he felt as if there's a lump in his throat. It pained him to see his friend in this state. Seonghwa tried to reach something inside his pocket. Their eyes caught his movement as he took out a small velvet box. He accidentally slipped it and it fell on the floor. Wooyoung caught it before it can roll further.

"What's this?" Wooyoung asked as he took a look at the box.

"You..."Hongjoong's eyes grew wider at the sight of the box.

"I couldn't give it to her," Seonghwa continued. The three of them shifted their glance from the box to Seonghwa. Seonghwa smiled meekly as he looked at Yunho. "Can you give it to Nara for me?"

"What are you talking about, Seonghwa? You should give this to her yourself!" Yunho cried, his voice was trembling.

Seonghwa ignored him and added. "I hurt her...Tell her that I'm sorry..." he coughed again and more blood came out of his mouth. It splattered on Hongjoong's coat. Seonghwa winced in pain and squeezed his eyes shut as if it can numb the pain.

"Stop talking Seonghwa. You're going to make it worse!" Hongjoong panicked. "How long is it until they reach?" he shot a question to Yeosang.

"I don't know...I don't know! They should be here at any minute but I don't know where they are!" Yeosang cried.

Seonghwa held his chest as he slowly opened his eyes again. "Can you tell Nara...I love her so much..." his breath was getting heavy as his chest heaved up and down. He tried to turn his head to look at Yunho. "Take care of her. You deserve her...more than me...". His breath became ragged, his voice stuttering in shallow gasps, and was slowing with pain. From Hongjoong's arm, he looked into Yunho's eyes, tightened up again as he could feel another wave of pain washed over him. He tried to reach for Yunho's hand and Yunho quickly grabbed his. Seonghwa gave his friend a weak smile as tears streamed down his cheek.