She has sensitive skin

Y/N absentmindedly flipped through channels on the TV, bored out of his mind.

Matilda said that she would be at the store for a bit, and she was taking longer than expected. Since she wasn't around for him to tease, he didn't really have much to do.

...

Just as Y/N's eyes started to droop, he heard the front door open, and turned his head to entryway. What he saw immediately made him burst into laughter.

Matilda pouted as her boyfriend laughed in her face, and crossed her arms. "Y-You look like someone splashed you with orange paint!" Y/N cackled, holding his stomach.

"It wasn't my fault! When I was coming home, a ton of people were on the sidewalk and they were taking forever to move!" Matilda cried, stamping her foot.

"Aw, I'm sorry baby girl. Does it hurt?" Y/N asked, gently patting her head. "It stings... and I'm all sticky, and sweaty..." Matilda whined. Y/N smiled, then took the bags. "Go and take a shower." He said. Matilda nodded, and left.

...

Later that night, Matilda and Y/N are cuddling on the couch.

"...Dear?" Matilda whispered. "Mm?" Y/N grunted. "Do you... like my tan?" Asked Matilda. Y/N raised a brow. "Wait... you went to a tanning salon?" He asked, getting a nod in reply. "I mean... I was looking at a magazine while I was waiting in line, and I saw that a lot of guys like girls with a tan..." Matilda explained.

Y/N looked down at Matilda, who's eyes are covered by her hair, and is clutching his shirt. Y/N sighed, and softly rubbed the top of her head, and he felt her lips curl into a smile against his chest.

"I love you just the way you are."