Chapter 2 | Genesis |

"We have to go home," Roman says, waking her from her deep sleep. Emma groans in response and slowly pulls her head out from under the fluffy white pillow blocking the sunlight. Its brightness burns and turns her stomach inside out. Last night turned into an early morning, and now she doesn't want to be awake.

"What?" Her voice is raspy. She rubs her hands roughly over her face. "Roman," Emma says flatly. "If you put me on a plane right now I will puke the entire flight and I will never forgive you." He holds out his phone for her to look at. Emma takes it and squints to look at it. It's still too much son.

"Click play," he instructs. With one last huff and glare to up to him, she begrudgingly starts the video.

"I'm here in Hemlock Grove where the body of a young woman has been taken from her grave. The desecration of Christina Wendall's grave was noticed early this morning. As you can see, the headstone has been knocked over and they left a hole in the ground. The casket has been smashed open and the body removed."

The screen shows images from the graveyard and the police officers surrounding it.

"Wendall is believed to be the last victim in a string of gruesome deaths two years ago. Twelve other young women were killed similarly within the seven months prior. They appeared to be animal attacks, but the mysterious nature of them led to widespread conspiracy theories. Wendall's parents believe that may be the reason her body was taken. At this time, the police have no leads and ask for anyone with information to come forward."

"Okay?" Emma asks, handing him his phone back. She pulls the blanks back to her and closes her eyes to go back to sleep. "That's sad and all but I don't think there's anything we can do."

"That's what I thought... But, that was almost a week ago," he explains and takes the phone back. "Look at this, Peter sent me it last night."

It's a news article from the Hemlock Grove paper.

𝟷𝟾 𝚈𝙴𝙰𝚁 𝙾𝙻𝙳 𝙺𝙸𝙻𝙻𝙴𝙳 𝙸𝙽 𝚂𝚄𝚂𝙿𝙴𝙲𝚃𝙴𝙳 𝙰𝙽𝙸𝙼𝙰𝙻 𝙰𝚃𝚃𝙰𝙲𝙺.

𝙷𝚎𝚖𝚕𝚘𝚌𝚔 𝙶𝚛𝚘𝚟𝚎, 𝙿𝙰

𝙷𝚎𝚖𝚕𝚘𝚌𝚔 𝙶𝚛𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝙿𝙳 𝚑𝚊𝚜 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚖𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚒𝚗𝚟𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚐𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚑 𝚘𝚏 𝙼𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚒𝚗𝚎 𝚃𝚛𝚊𝚗 𝚊𝚜 𝚊𝚗 𝚊𝚗𝚒𝚖𝚊𝚕 𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚊𝚌𝚔. 𝚃𝚛𝚊𝚗 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚜𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝙵𝚛𝚒𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚓𝚘𝚋 𝚊𝚝 𝙰𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚕𝚘'𝚜 𝙿𝚒𝚣𝚣𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚊 𝚘𝚗 𝟹𝚛𝚍 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚝. 𝙷𝚎𝚛 𝚋𝚘𝚍𝚢 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚛𝚎𝚌𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚘𝚗 𝚂𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚘𝚘𝚍𝚜 𝚋𝚎𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝙷𝚎𝚖𝚕𝚘𝚌𝚔 𝙷𝚒𝚐𝚑'𝚜 𝚏𝚘𝚘𝚝𝚋𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚞𝚖. 𝙸𝚗𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚊𝚕 𝚛𝚎𝚙𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚊𝚗𝚒𝚖𝚊𝚕 𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚜 𝚋𝚎𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍 𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚌𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚍. 𝙿𝚘𝚕𝚒𝚌𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚎𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚗 𝚘𝚗 𝚂𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚖𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚜𝚑𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚠𝚊𝚢 𝚊𝚗𝚢 𝚎𝚟𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚊𝚗𝚒𝚖𝚊𝚕 𝚒𝚝 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚜𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚘𝚛.