Chapter 1

Arthur's POV
The morning was crisp on the Kingsroad as my family and I trekked towards Winterfell. The wind was sharp and unforgiving as it blew my messy black hair off my forehead. I glanced toward my father as he rode, his loud voice roaring through the woods and bouncy off the trees while he barked orders at my cousin Lancel his squire. "YOU IDIOT BOY I SAID WINE! NOT ALE!"His voice roared thick with alcohol. I edged my horse forward lightly. My father tried to be a good king and a good man but he just wasn't. He was a warrior. He did not sit in court. He did not wear a crown around and commended people around. He fought and he killed and he won. When it came to being a father to us children he didn't exactly excel either. He loved us but when it came to showing it he couldn't. He was drunk all the time anyways so it wasn't like we ever really wanted his attention. "Father?" I questioned lightly, wincing as I heard the smash of what must have been some kind of ale smashing into the frozen ground. "LEAVE ME!" He screeched to my cousin Lancel. He did so rather quickly, falling to the back of our humongous party. "So whatcha think huh?" He asked gesturing toward the white northern landscape. "It's very beautiful." I said simply. It was too. The pure white of the wood against the pale pink morning sky. "Aye and the girls be prettier!" He said loudly giving me a playful shove. "I'm sure they are father." I said with a nervous glance. We treaded down the beaten road in silence after that. It was mid afternoon when we arrived. Everybody in Winterfell met us at the gates. I could feel my mothers disgust as the commoners crowded the square for a look at their beloved king. The Stark's were aligned in the middle of the square oldest to youngest. The oldest boy was to the right of his father, shaggy, auburn hair drooping into his proud blue eyes. He must've been a bit older than myself. The boy next to him must've been the Stark's ward Theon Greyjoy. He was an average looking man not standing out very well. A girl was to his right. She stood tall and beautiful. She had her mothers auburn hair and blue eyes. I felt my heart twinge as I looked at her. Next to her was a girl with fire in her hair and a face clouded with annoyance most likely toward the young girl next to her who had just taken of a helm to reveal her thick brown hair and eyes. Next to her stood the two youngest boys both of them reminding me of sweet little Tommen. In the shadows sulked Ned Stark's bastard. It was obvious as he looked just like his father. I observed the cautiously. I couldn't help but smile at them though. I could already feel the love they held for each other. I grinned stupidly at the thought of a family that actually loved each other. During my stupid grinning I managed to make stupid eye contact with the oldest daughter in which she returned the grin. I could feel the heat in my face as my cheeks turned a deep crimson. Perhaps my father was right after all..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for reading! This is my first game of thrones story and I would love for you to comment and vote!
~Syd