Chapter 8

Arthur's POV

It didn't take long to reach camp as it was only a mile or two away from the little meadow. We were later than expected though, arriving sometime around dusk.

"Where have you two been?" My mother asked us both, crossly surveying our messy hair and disheveled clothes. Skylea looked gorgeous with her messy dark hair and lilac silk dress. She also still wore my flower crown atop her head, much to my surprise.

"No where in particular, Your Grace. We've been riding for most of the day. Prince Arthur here has been telling me of the history of Storm's End and House Baratheon. It's all so very interesting." She said with a graceful smile.

"Is that so?" Asked my mother coolly, her blonde curls bobbing around her head a bit as she looked between suspiciously. "Is history so interesting you managed to lose track of time then or was it something else that lead to you two arriving to camp so late?"

I knew what she was hinting at and didn't like it one bit. I managed a quick glance at Skylea to see if she understood but the small look of horror that flashed in her eyes was gone in an instant, instead a warm smile had made its way onto her face.

"Of course, Your Grace. I absolutely love history! I've studied it quite extensively with our Measter in Winterfell. It's an intriguing subject to be sure but there is always small pockets of history that are handed down through a family through the generations that always manages to escape the history books." She said, tone full of intrigue. Instead of giving a response my mother gave us a cold glare and walked away.

"I don't think she likes me if I'm going to be perfectly honest." Skylea said once she had made sure my mother was out of earshot. All I could do was laugh.

"She does have a point though, we did get back really late. I'm sorry I have to leave so soon but I'm sure my father is worried sick." She said as she began walking toward the other end of camp. "I do need to thank you though for the beautiful crown."

I didn't even have a chance to respond before she ran back to me and planted a kiss on my cheek.

"See you tomorrow!" She called back cheerfully as she ran toward her side of camp, Lyanna right on her heels.

I made my way to my tent in a daze. My fingers kept tracing the spot where her lips had touched my cheek. I don't even remember arriving to the tent I just remember the yelling that greeted me when I arrived.

"She is no good for him! She will destroy him!" I heard my mother screech, her voice carrying out into the night.

"He is my son! He will marry whom I choose!!" My father bellowed back.

I shouldn't of entered. I should've stayed outside and watched the stars go by. I shouldn't of let my anger control me but it did. I stepped through the tent flap with an agile deftness I didn't know I contained.

"Hello Mother. Hello Father." I said as I awkwardly looked at my messy surroundings. "I just came in to get my cloak. I hope I'm not bothering anyone."

I gathered my cloak as quick as possible and was turning to leave when my mother called out to me.

"Arthur how much of that did you hear?" My mother asked tiredly. In response I looked down at my boots and gave her a half-hearted shrug. I had lost all my anger and daring when I entered.

My mother looked at me for a second before she sank down into the nearest chair and hung her head. "She's no good for you Arthur, you can't see this now but I do." My mother spoke calmly before glancing up at me with her piercing green eyes. "I just want what's good for you."