Chapter Three: Wanting Bad and Getting Tempted

Start from the beginning

"Oh please," I can't see his face but I know he's rolling his eyes. "Kidnapping is being taken against your will. Don't act like my presence doesn't excite you. Besides, I think you have a lot to tell me about last night and I'm not taking no for an answer." Now I'm the one rolling my eyes. "So will you tell me where we're going before I make new plans for us."

"Put me down first." I demand. I hear a car door unlock, and then a split second later I'm being dropped into a seat. We've made it to his Jeep already. It's high, and grey and he looks super-hot driving it. I've seen him a lot. But I just can't stand the thought of how many chicks he's done this with, or how many chicks have sat in this same spot. I can't be the only one. How can he even afford this Jeep anyways? He's a mechanic.

He props an arm on his open door and stares me through his soft brown, glistening eyes and arches a brow waiting for my response to his question. "Well, where we going?"

"Supermarket." I answer him finally. He gives me a tight smile before closing the door and jogging around to climb in the driver's side. This is my first time being inside and honestly, I never saw this happening. Ever. So just sitting here makes me a bit uncomfortable.

Not sure how I feel with people around seeing me with Dean. They all know his antics.

When Dean finally gets on, he starts the engine and we storm off quickly. He starts asking questions about Jace, and everything that happened after he left, to which I answer all of them. I really don't know how I got to this level of explaining parts of my life with him, but here I am. Sitting in his car telling him about my abusive ex-boyfriend. He asks if Jace made me hook up with him because if Jace did, he'd would fuck him up, but I assure him no. And then asks about the apartment being under his name, and him having full control over it.

That's the part that embarrasses me. The part that I don't want to admit that I didn't and still don't have enough money to put it under my name. Jace works at an office and he makes big bucks now, whereas when we met he was just a college student who'd just graduated. We were both struggling and that apartment was the only one we could afford.

When I decided I didn't want to deal with his crap any longer, I couldn't find a cheaper place. And if we'd switch it to my name the rent would go up. It took time to convince Jace to move away. To just leave me, and eventually he did but now I am screwed again because he here is again. But I can't tell Dean that, I'm embarrassed to say that I am broke. So I stay quiet and he doesn't bother pushing an answer out of me.

And I also don't mention that Jace still wants to talk to me because that's not his business, and he doesn't need to know about that. When we arrive at the supermarket which is just about ten minutes away, Dean parks in the closet parking space and soon we're outside again walking. The weather is much better than yesterday. The sun is out, the clouds still seem a bit gray and it's humid, but at least it's not thundering, or raining.

We get inside and immediately Dean is acting like a little kid, which puts a smile on my face. He looks silly paddling on the cart as he rides it like a scooter. "Catch you in the milk section!" he yells past the rows. He gets a few stares, but I can tell it doesn't bother him. A man that confident in himself is dangerous because they know what they want, and they aren't afraid.

We finish food shopping about an hour later and Dean even picked out a few things for himself. Apparently he loves cooking. That's a new fact I didn't know about him. He's full of surprises and it's maybe because I don't let the guy speak. I'm always busy shutting him off or pushing him away that I don't actually take the chance to see that he's just a real guy.

On our way back home, we agree to order some Chinese takeout and while Dean is inside picking it up, I'm waiting at a double parking space. In the console of his car, his phone begins buzzing and for a small moment I want to see who it is. But I don't because that's not right. Invading his personal space is so not right. Then it stops and again it continues to buzz. I force my gaze out the window and at him to distract myself from it.