Chapter Three: Wanting Bad and Getting Tempted

Start from the beginning

I don't want him back here. I don't want to talk to him.

I look down at the floor and realize the hundred dollars bills he threw at me last night are still sprawled out across the floor. I walk over and start picking them up. Well, at least this will cover groceries and some extra to keep in pocket. 

I'm going to need this if I'm going to start looking for a new apartment soon because Jace must be nuts if he thinks I'm going to deal with him. I want nothing to do with him anymore, and I refuse to let him control me like he's done before. That Kasey he once knew is gone now. I'm much smarter, and braver.

Deciding I have nothing better to do, going food shopping and picking up an application at my grocery store is probably the best thing right now. So quickly, I hop into the shower where I imagine a naked Adam Levine scrubbing my back. I seriously need to get laid. Then, I step into a pair of black ripped jeans and slide on a navy blue t-shirt. If it wasn't for the bruise on neck, or how my beat my eyes look for not getting any sleep, I wouldn't have worn makeup. But I need it, and badly. So I dab on some foundation, curl my lashes up and choose to tie my hair into a loose bun. And as if desperate to get out of the house I throw on my jean jacket, step into an old pair of black converse, grab my purse and keys and head out the door all in the span of a few minutes.

Right away, Dean's door is pulled open. It's Saturday, so he's home. I don't know how I know that, but I do. "Well look who it is," he says smirking already. "I totally wasn't creeping through my peep whole waiting to see you or anything. Or was I?" He wiggles his eyebrows.

I let out a small laugh. After last night, I appreciate him a bit more. "Nothing new."

He nods his head, "Yeah basically." He's wearing an all-black outfit, and a cap over his perfect locks of pitch black hair. He looks cute with it. "So, where we headed to on this nice Saturday? The storm's gone." He reaches for his jacket that's hung up beside him, and then back over at the counter in his kitchen that's just two steps away and grabs his keys.

I roll my eyes. "Nowhere you need to know about." I tell him. "And we're not going anywhere. I don't need your chicks following us around like they follow you." As the last few words roll off the tip of my tongue, I start heading down the stairs ahead.

"Careful Kasey," he warns with a small chuckle. "You're starting to sound jealous." And then I hear his door close. "Wait, are you?" I guess he is right, I do sound jealous. But I'm not. 

At least I think I'm not. I'm just appalled that he would think I'd want to be around someone as much of a train wreck as he is. I don't want to spend my time leading him on, or making myself fall for the wrong guy. Dean might be a nice guy, but he can't give me what I want.

Well... He can, but all he has to offer me is one thing and that's his... Yeah. I'm not that desperate for cock. And besides, even if I was, he gives his out to any girl who knocks on his door. So that makes me not want it. "No." I tell him strictly as I stride down the stairs with him following behind me. "Just don't want to be around that, I have much bigger problems."

Dean laughs, towering behind me. He's so close that his shadow on the floor merges with mine. "I can give you a big problem to deal with if that's what you want." Butterflies swoon over my stomach and I'm not sure what they mean, but I don't like it. "We both know that."

On the last step I put a halt to my steps and whisk around. I stare up at him, straight into his eyes and say, "Stop it, alright?" He arches an eyebrow. "Stop with the teasing. Stop with the opening doors every time I step out. Stop with—" Before I can continue my words Dean pushes me up against a wall and nails my hands down above me with his own. They wrap perfectly around mine, like they're meant for that and suddenly they're all I can think of.